Could not update Docker. Error message Conflict the container name is already in use by container

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

11 minutes ago, trurl said:

Thanks, this looks easy enough but I want to make sure I take my time and re do this with off the docker images I have installed so I won't lose anything. Thanks for this.

Update: I did what was suggested, turned off docker, deleted the image restarted docker and reinstalled the images using the community apps way.  (mostly followed Space Invaders guide he has on you tube)

However it got down to containers that stated with 'Y' and seemed to get stuck. I'm going to let it run overnight but it doesn't appear to be moving. 

If it hasn't moved by the AM, any suggestions?

12 minutes ago, mwoods98 said:

Update: I did what was suggested, turned off docker, deleted the image restarted docker and reinstalled the images using the community apps way.  (mostly followed Space Invaders guide he has on you tube)

However it got down to containers that stated with 'Y' and seemed to get stuck. I'm going to let it run overnight but it doesn't appear to be moving. 

If it hasn't moved by the AM, any suggestions?

Also

tower-diagnostics-20230130-2321.zip

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same issue - my docker.img is 42.9gb. I've had this error for a while actually and only got around to invesitgating the problem recently. 

Can I please ask - are there updated links for your articles above? They appear to be out of date. My primary concern is losing my config, my containers took hours to setup - i'm curious as to what is writing to the docker.img though - any tips to investigate that?