UNRAID server in Windows AD keeps setting itself as master browser

E-ManN
Go to solution Solved by E-ManN,

Hi All,

Running UNRAID server Version: 6.11.5 and my unraid server is part of Windows 2016 AD (set  VIA UNRAID SMB settings).

I recently noticed that I was having some issues with my windows machines and tracked it down to My UNRAID server over riding my windows 2016 PDC as the Master Browser.  I had dynamix local master installed on my UNRAID server, but never saw "yoda" in the UNRAID banner so I never thought this would be the issue.  I thought would inform me if my UNRAID server ever became the master ... but after reading more up on it, I found that this app also forces the UNRAID server to be master.   Yikes !!!

So this morning I un-installed the Dynamix local master app and rebooted all my servers and desktops in addition to the UNRAID server.  DOS command line tools still reports my UNRAID server as being the Master browser.

So time to hit the UNRAID forums ... I can only find info on how to make URNAID the Master Browser.

When UNRAID belongs to a Domain there is no master browser checkbox to uncheck ... or at least I can't find it. (believe this box only seen when UNRAID in "Workgroup" mode)

So in the Samba Settings under addtional samba settings I tried forcing it to no by adding ...

[global]
domain master = no
preferred master = no

still no joy  😞

can anyone tell me how to disable Master Browser settings on UNRAID server which is member of Windows AD ?

thanks,

E

Edited by E-ManN
typos
  • E-ManN changed the title to UNRAID server in Windows AD keeps setting itself as master browser

sorry to have troubled you all ...

issue seems to have been resolved as soon as I modifed the extra samba settings to be as  I indicated in my last post.

My PDC is now the master browser and I did not have to reboot all my boxes ... change was immediate right after making changes & re-starting UNRAID array.  WOOOHOO !

Hopefully this helps someone else save time.  🙂

thanks,

E

Edited by E-ManN
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1