13600K vs 12600K Questions about power consumption and need for discrete GPU?

I currently have a 2950X Threadripper which I would like to change due to power consumption.

To be honest my server does not need masses of power so maybe both the 13600K and 12600K will be overkill (again)

1, As unraid needs a GPU would I need an additional card to utilize HW transcoding on the 770 iGPU on the CPU? I have at most 5-6 streams (1 or 2 might be transcoding) 

2, idle power is king, should I be looking at an alternative CPU? I have 25 Dockers & 1 Windows VM for Blue Iris.

3, I have a Taichi X470 and a 3600X sat doing nothing but would need a discrete GPU for HW Transcoding, would pairing this with a Quadro make more sense?

Any advice gratefully received! 

Thank you 🙂

I have the same processor and I love it.

I only have one video card in my server and use the HW Transcoding on a EVGA 1660 and it was one of the best things that I did. My CPU stays pretty much Idle even when I have up to 7 streams going on (I have a 1Gbps connection and share my plex server with lots of family and friends). So I love having the cores of this CPU.

My buddy has the 1950x and he is looking to going to a newer Ryzen and I wish him luck. How ever he runs his server off of Windows 10 home and I think that it gives him more trouble then it's worth.

I would recommend tossing in a GPU and possibly changing some power setting in the Bios. I read that Unraid does have an option to run a CPU governor to reduce power too.