Another Disk Spindown Problem

Kaninm

Hello,

I normally dont post about issues and I was resigned to just leave this one be...but it's bugging me that I cant figure it out.

I've been running Unraid for years and it has been great. I'm currently using a Dell R730 and recently I bought another R730XD to use as a backup server. I got Unraid setup on it but the only thing I cant get to work properly is getting the disks to spin down. I have 1 parity and 4 data disks, and the parity through disk 3 always spin up within 5 minutes of being spun down. Disk 4 stays spun down without issues.

I'm only running with a few plugins installed, VM manager disabled, and I've tried with docker disabled. I've tried disabling/uninstalling various plugins and tried the Open Files and File Activity pl;ugins (both show no activity). I've even tried updating to the latest backplane and perc firmware. Everything matches my main R730 except the BIOS on the R730 is a few versions older. Disk spindown on my main server works great.

Is there anything I might be missing? Disk 1 is the only disk with any data on it at all so I have no clue why the others are spinning up.

backnas-diagnostics-20230131-1916.zip

• 1 month later...