intel arc support

jsrk
Go to solution Solved by ich777,

On 2/9/2023 at 3:34 AM, GRRRRRRR said:

Ha ha I defeat you in any argument of your entire culture before you start speaking. Your fallacy, bias, and lack of information, is evident on the first or second word. I am bored.

Anyway.

I assert Ubuntu mainline is the best cutting edge kernel to put on a Linux system to get fresh hardware support. The best Linux kernel is the one that has the most polishing done, testing and bugfixing, compatibility testing. Performance testing and tuning.

If you want the Intel stuff you get that. If you want additional stuff you fight it out with Intel to submit the correct patches to that Kernel.

If you have something to say we fight it out right here right now.

If unRAID wants to be a better distro, the only logical choise is to build ontop of, and in collaboration with, that existing system.

Anything else is illogical. I will not show the math that proves it. Calculate yourself. No 'campaign' as you called it needed.

The truth speaks for itself.

Personally I would like to see the linux community get its shit together and create a set of driver standards and a centralised database for all flavours. That way a manufacturer can submit the appropriate information about a products drivers to said central database and then that driver would be converted autonomously and released all at the same time. Its one of the reasons windows and macos is so dominant and are able to treat customers the way they do, because installing software and drivers in all flavours of linux is a pain in the arse, and I say that as someone who doesn't use windows except for the VMs I need to run drivers I cant get on freakin linux. LOL

• Haha 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...