Boot Issue Help Please Part 2

Hello again everyone,

I really could use some help figuring out what is going on.
Last year I made this post.....

I live in Florida work up way north close to Canada for a large part of the year and last year I didn't have a chance to figure out the problem when I was home.

I returned up north again but now I am home for the next 6 months and really need to get my machine up and running again.

The same problem exists as described in the link above.

I'm not super savvy with all this and it was a miracle I got it all to work in the first place, can I just reinstall the OS on the flash drive and start all over or will that cause a problem with all my data on the drives?

8 minutes ago, itimpi said:

The most obvious reason for that message would be that the server does not have the flash drive set as the boot device.   If this is happening regularly after a power off then bad CMOS battery on the motherboard might be the culprit.

Hi, thank you the response.

Flash drive is in and working plus I did replace the battery last week.

12 minutes ago, itimpi said:

But that message only appears when the machine is not trying to boot off the flash drive so have you checked the BIOS setting?

This is what I have going on so far from the webGUI, I assume its working?.... this is the server connected to its own monitor.
What I can't do is add a Network Connection to access the data from my desktop and everything is connected exactly as it was when it all was working fine a few years ago.

IMG_2412.JPG

6 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

From the PC are you trying to

1) just access the Unraid GUI?

2) access the shares and contents of the Unraid array?

3) both?

I have some family video footage on the server I need get to, to make a montage with for an upcoming anniversary.

Edited by davidshinobi
5 minutes ago, trurl said:

The word diagnostics in this post and that post is a link explaining how you can get diagnostics

Ok, done....
I downloaded it but how do I get it here?
Please understand, before I could access the GUI from a browser (Google) but I can't do that now so there's no way for me to get the file from my server to my PC to post it here.

As mentioned before, it was a miracle I got all this to work in the first place years ago.

26 minutes ago, davidshinobi said:

I have some family video footage on the server I need get to

I will let @trurl continue once you post diagnostics, but, for share contents to be accessible on a PC in the LAN, the shares need to be exported with the appropriate sucirty setting.  Public is probably easiest until you get thing sorted out.

image.thumb.png.19239a3b8d894db99a5ced14f304bc92.png

You don't have to map network drives to access shares, but, it is one way of getting to exported shares.

17 minutes ago, trurl said:

Delete or rename config/network.cfg on the flash drive, put it in your server, reboot. Then see if you can access your server on the network

Ok, deleted (made a copy), reinstalled and server booted up.
What is it I have to put in here to access it from my PC?
I put what it was before and it's not working.

If this means anything,

My PC has a ethernet cable to a switch and vice versa from the server, this is how it was before to connect the 2 machines together.
However, my PC is connected to the internet via WiFi this time instead of a cable from the router to the switch then to the PC.

Untitled.png

Edited by davidshinobi