Unraid not showing all network interfaces

Go to solution Solved by MAM59,

I purchased a new Intel server which has four ethernet ports in the back. However,  the unraid network settings only shows two interface eth0 and eth1.

The system device has only two entries:

PCI Devices and IOMMU Groups

IOMMU group 26:[8086:1521] 02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I350 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 01)

IOMMU group 27:[8086:1521] 02:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I350 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 01)

But I do have four physical port sticking out of the server board. This is my first time to get a sever with four ethernet ports. Anything I need to do so that I can use all four ports? 

Thanks

• Solution

Can depend on your server's bios settings. (BTW: Intel does not sell any servers ?!?!??)

Some ship with a 2+2 configuration, 2 Ports are forwarded to booted OSes, the other 2 are reserved for ISCSI connection (bootable).

Check your manuals.

(you may also find a 5th port somewhere, this is for "management access" only. Of course, this also depends on your server...)

Edited by MAM59