On the next Uncast... SPXLabs stops by!

The Flash Backup function of the My Servers plugin appears to keep the backups in public S3 buckets on AWS.

Is there any security concerns doing it this way?

How is this not enormously expensive for storage and egress? 

If someone wrote 100GB of extraneous data to their flash drive, would all that extra data get uploaded to S3 as well, or will the Flash Backup function abort after a certain file size is reached?

11 hours ago, trurl said:

Why? The purpose of UPS isn't to allow you to run on battery for extended periods. It is to allow your server time to shut down cleanly if a power outage continues for longer than a brief period.

Why, because I have 2 smt1500 ups units (both modified with deep cycle 4+hr runtime) feeding apc A/B uninterruptible switch. I want the ability to see status and have custom parameters for each ups native in Unraid. My use case is easy to justify as my ups units run power to the rest of my Lan so when power goes out I can adjust things accordingly for longest runtimes. currently unraid only allows seeing and adjusting perimeters on one ups.

• Like 1
Just now, Burnstation19 said:

Why, because I have 2 smt1500 ups units (both modified with deep cycle 4+hr runtime) feeding apc A/B uninterruptible switch. I want the ability to see status and have custom parameters for each ups native in Unraid. My use case is easy to justify as my ups units run power to the rest of my Lan so when power goes out I can adjust things accordingly for longest runtimes. currently unraid only allows seeing and adjusting perimeters on one ups.

I've been getting by using my 2nd unRAID server that functions as my firewall and automation server but want it all managed by my big boy p620 TRX system 

• Like 1