Server showing offline -- logout/login on plugin fixes temporarily

I recently switched firewalls from pfsense to OPNsense, so I absolutely understand that I may have mucked up some configuration. But I can't seem to track this down so I figured I might as well try to eliminate unraid/My Servers as the culprit. I setup my firewall rules pretty much exactly as before, and my topology hasn't changed. Any thoughts?

When I access https://forums.unraid.net/my-servers/ , my server shows as offline.

image.thumb.png.8896b4c4a023c1aded10260b4eced61c.png

I can log out and log back in on the plugin, and it will show as online for a period of time. Not doing it this time though to show the following...

This is what the My Servers section of Management Access page looks like on my server:

image.thumb.png.b1489ca571ee47dc1c39ae29270f6a51.png

And the API report:

<-----UNRAID-API-REPORT----->
SERVER_NAME: titan
ENVIRONMENT: production
UNRAID_VERSION: 6.11.5
UNRAID_API_VERSION: 2.55.1
UNRAID_API_STATUS: running
API_KEY: invalid
MY_SERVERS: authenticated
MY_SERVERS_USERNAME: kaiguy
CLOUD:
MINI-GRAPH:
	ERROR: [API Disconnected]
SERVERS:
	ONLINE:
	OFFLINE:
ALLOWED_ORIGINS:
</----UNRAID-API-REPORT----->

And output of update DNS:

root@titan:~# php /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/UpdateDNS.php -v
(Output is anonymized, use '-vv' to see full details)
Unraid OS 6.11.5 with My Servers plugin version 2023.01.23.1223
  Signed in to Unraid.net as kaiguy
Use SSL is auto
  Rebind protection is disabled for myunraid.net
Local Access url: https://192-168-0-10.hash.myunraid.net:8443
  192-168-0-10.hash.myunraid.net resolves to 192.168.0.10

Request:
{
    "keyfile": "[redacted]",
    "plgversion": "2023.01.23.1223",
    "internalhostname": "*.hash.myunraid.net",
    "internalport": "8443",
    "internalprotocol": "https",
    "remoteaccess": "no",
    "servercomment": "unRAID 6 Server",
    "servername": "titan",
    "internalip": "192.168.0.10",
    "unraidreport": "{\"os\":{\"serverName\":\"titan\",\"version\":\"6.11.5\"},\"api\":{\"version\":\"2.55.1\",\"status\":\"running\",\"environment\":\"production\",\"nodeVersion\":\"v18.5.0\"},\"apiKey\":\"invalid\",\"myServers\":{\"status\":\"authenticated\",\"myServersUsername\":\"kaiguy\"},\"minigraph\":{\"status\":\"DISCONNECTED\",\"error\":\"API Disconnected\"},\"cloud\":{\"status\":\"error\"},\"flashbackup\":{\"activated\":\"yes\",\"error\":\"no\"}}"
}
Response (HTTP 200):
[]
success

Attaching diagnostics. Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Edit: When I run unraid-api restart, the My Servers page will show as online again but the api report will still display the API_KEY as invalid.

titan-diagnostics-20230209-1036.zip

Edited by kaiguy
More info

I'm sure you've tried selecting "yes" for allow remote access, and checking that the port is open?  I'm no expert, but seems like that should be set to yes.

BTW - I found this because I'm also showing offline.  I logged out and back in via the plugin like you mentioned, and now I'm showing online.  We'll see for how long.

Edited by Cybernaut
1 hour ago, Cybernaut said:

I'm sure you've tried selecting "yes" for allow remote access, and checking that the port is open?  I'm no expert, but seems like that should be set to yes.

BTW - I found this because I'm also showing offline.  I logged out and back in via the plugin like you mentioned, and now I'm showing online.  We'll see for how long.

I don’t think that’s the problem on my end, as I don’t even want to utilize unraid’s remote access. I think it’s related to the API key as showing invalid. 

There is currently an issue where if you have a momentary Internet problem the API will get disconnected but it won't realize it, so it doesn't try to reconnect on its own.  There are two workarounds:

First I would open a web terminal and run:

unraid-api restart

Wait 30 seconds, if you are still having issues then the second workaround is to sign out and sign back in. 

We should have this resolved in our next release.

FYI - Remote Access is an optional feature and is not required for your server to show as online.

• Thanks 2

Thanks, @ljm42. As I mentioned before, the unraid-api restart does show as connected for a bit, but the API_KEY under unraid-api status continues to show as invalid (after 5 seconds, 30 seconds, 10 minutes, always). Is that expected behavior? Logging out and back in does not correct the API_KEY: invalid issue.

On 2/17/2023 at 1:44 PM, ljm42 said:

Do you have a pi-hole or firewall that could be interfering with communications? If so, watch the log on that device while you try to sign in and see if anything is blocked.

I use Adguard Home, but my unraid server specifically bypasses Adguard for DNS. My firewall does utilize blocklists, but only for ingress. So short answer is, no.