Sabnzbd unMenu package

First of all I want to give credit to mrmachine who created the first unMenu package for SABnzb.  I used what he created as the base for my modifications and updates.

Please keep the discussion in this thread dedicated to INSTALL issues related to the .conf file I created.  If you have a question about SABnzb setup or operation ask the question in the Application sub-forum or better yet, on the SABnzb forum.

So attached to this post are ALL the unMenu packages you will need.  I had to update and split out some of the packages that SABnzb uses to make it more "modular".  This makes it easier for me to keep up to date.

This package has been tested to work on unRAID 4.7 and the 5.0b6a. It should work on any of the 5.0bX installs, though I have not specifically tested it.  I believe that 5.0b9/10 introduced a new mover script so if you install this to the cache drive you will have to figure out how to keep the folder there.

Drop all the attached .conf files in this post and the next into the packages folder and then find the SABnzb install on the unMenu package manager screen.

Drop the sabnzbd .conf file and the python .conf in the packages folder and then find the SABnzb install on the unMenu package manager page.

If you need help because the package I created is causing problems I need and exact description of the steps you did that caused the problem and the following

ps -ef | grep SABnzb
cat PACKAGE_DIRECTORY/SABnzbd-0.7.13-src.tar.gz.auto_install
cat PACKAGE_DIRECTORY/SABnzbd-0.7.13-src.tar.gz.manual_install
ls ***OF THE INSTALL DIRECTORY OF SABnzb***
cat ***OF THE sabnzbd.ini file in the INSTALL DIRECTORY OF SABnzb***
***INSTALL_DIRECTORY_HERE***/SABnzbd.py -v
cd PACKAGE_DIRECTORY && find . -type f -name "SABnzbd-*-src.tar.gz" -print0 | xargs -0 ls -tr | awk 'END{print $NF}' | awk '{split($0,a,"-"); print a[2]}'
cd PACKAGE_DIRECTORY && find . -type f -name "SABnzbd-*-src.tar.gz" -print0 | xargs -0 ls -tr | awk 'END{print  $NF}' | awk '{split($0,a,"/"); print a[2]}'
cd PACKAGE_DIRECTORY && find . -type f -name "SABnzbd-*-src.tar.gz" -print0 | xargs -0 ls -tr | awk 'END{print $NF}' | awk '{split($0,a,"-"); print a[1]"-"a[2]}' | awk '{split($0,b,"/"); print b[2]}'
cat /var/log/syslog | grep -i sabn

I can not and will not guarantee compatibility with current installs of SABnzb other than ones installed by plugin previously. If you have a current install not from my package and try installing using this package then I can not guarantee that I will help fix any issues.

EDIT: 7-24-2011

Slight update to the sabnzbd-unmenu-package.conf file.  If should not really effect anything but I changed the package a little so that a check is done before kicking off the start of SABnzb.

EDIT: 7-26-2011

A quote from bjp999 so that no one gets confused:

The /mnt directory typically contains mount points. But this is by convention. If you create a directory and copy files there, they will be in the base filesystem. In the case of unRaid, that means the ramdisk where Linux is loaded on every reboot. Any files you put there will be gone after a boot.

and my slightly more geeky explanation is here.

The short answer is if the cache drive does not exist DO NOT try installing the app to the cache drive.  Make sure the location you chose to install the app is a PHYSICAL hard drive or you will running the application from RAM.

EDIT: 7-26-2011

Yahoo, 2 edits in one day...

Anyway, attached is a new SABnzb .conf file PLEASE DOWNLOAD IT!!!  It fixes a problem related to the recreation of the sabnzbd.ini file.  I had left out a small check to see if the file existed before writing a new one.

EDIT: 7-27-2011

Some people appear to be having trouble upgrading to a newer package.  There are a few things to know about upgrading, that I guess I take for granted since I have to usually do a wipe and install during my testing.

1. To fake out the package and allow you to install the it again you will need to run the code below before updating:

rm /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sabnzbd

2. Now you can copy the new .conf in place

3. Make sure to set all your variables to what you need again.

4. Hit the install button.

EDIT: 8-4-2011

The update process is below:

1. copy new sabnzbd .conf file to the packages folder

2. check/change/update the install variables

3. save the new variables if need be

4. hit the install button

EDIT: 8-8-2011

The supplementary packages have now been included in unMenu's main release.  If you want to run SABnzb with the .conf attached to this post PLEASE UPDATE UNMENU FIRST!!

EDIT: 8-18-2011

updated .conf file for version 0.6.8 of SABnzbd

EDIT: 8-21-2011

updated .conf file to fix a slight fubar if the default package directory (/boot/packages) was NOT being used.

EDIT: 8-21-2011

updated .conf file to fix a slight fubar related to the previous update. That's what happens when you don't look over everything twice..

EDIT: 9-17-2011

updated the .conf to 0.6.9 (thanks hellbringer)

EDIT: 9-22-2011

updated the .conf file to check to see if drives are mounted before starting the install.  It will try up to 10 times, sleeping for 10 seconds before giving up. I am also specifying the location of the sabnzbd.ini file on the command line now to help alleviate issue with SABnzbd finding it on its own.

EDIT: 10-24-2011

Package updated to 0.6.10 thanks to p1lot

EDIT: 10-26-2011

Package updated to fix a sort issue and selecting the correct version to install.

EDIT: 11-27-2011

Another update to fix a small select issue when a previous version was installed.

EDIT: 12-31-2011

Updated to 0.6.14 and hopefully fixed an issue with some sorting stuff

EDIT: 1-06-2012

Fixed a loop counter issue

EDIT: 1-06-2012

Updated to version 0.6.15

EDIT: 06-24-2012

Updated to version 0.7

EDIT: 10-22-2012

Updated to version 0.7.4

EDIT: 01-13-2013

Updated to version 0.7.9 thanks to kuhnamatata

EDIT: 02-20-2013

Updated to version 0.7.11 thanks to kuhnamatata

EDIT: 07-05-2013

Updated to version 0.7.13 and updated the python package. Please download both .conf files if you are going to use this newest sabnzbd.conf

sabnzbd-unmenu-package.conf

python-unmenu-package.conf

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to have an issue with folder permissions on downloaded files.  When sabnzbd downloads something it seems to change the permissions to the folder/files of the download as well as all parent folders to drwx------

When that happens I don't seem to be able to access the folder/files unless I chmod them.  Am I doing something wrong or is there a way around this?  I connect the the share as my secondary user so I understand why I'm blocked, but why is it choosing those permissions?

I seem to have an issue with folder permissions on downloaded files.  When sabnzbd downloads something it seems to change the permissions to the folder/files of the download as well as all parent folders to drwx------

When that happens I don't seem to be able to access the folder/files unless I chmod them.  Am I doing something wrong or is there a way around this?

I have not had time to look through all of SABnzb's settings, but I believe there is a place to file and/or folder permissions of downloaded files.

If you are running 4.7 then the application is started and run as root, if you are on a 5.0bx version then the app is started and run as nobody.

I connect the the share as my secondary user so I understand why I'm blocked, but why is it choosing those permissions?

If I had to take an educated guess it is SABnzb doing it, but you might be able to change that.

I know I am setting everything to nobody if running on 5.0bX and root on 4.7.

I have just installed Sabnzbd and it work fine :) thank you very much.

Why Temporary Download and Completed Download Folder on /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/ path? wouldn't that fill up usb flash drive fast? Eg:  downloading a file over 8GB

It is better change the path to array disk? maybe something like: /mnt/disk1/download/Sabnzbd/

/mnt/cache is not your USB flash drive though...

Ohhh, which disk is it?

The cache drive

I don't have cache disk drive but i dont understand which disk that saved to coz I can see my downloaded files to /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/

Is Cache disk recommended for downloading?

^^^

A separate drive is usually reccomended because of the constant spinning SAB/CP/SB put on the disk (especially CP to my knowledge).  I personally don't have a plus unraid yet (might buy it today though) so I'm going to mount a non-array drive using SNAP. A lot of people use the cache drive successfully though. I've heard some people downloading to an array data disk but most people do use a cache or non-array mounted disk.

prostuff, are applications installed to a drive or to the flash drive? I don't mind which, just wondering so I can get a better understanding of this all. I want to run all my temp downloads to a SNAP hosted drive but in a months time, I'll want to run them to a cache drive. If it installs the programs on a drive, I imagine stuff will get a bit more complicated (as opposed to installing on a flash drive where I'd just just point the temp d/l folder to a different place).

The /mnt directory typically contains mount points. But this is by convention. If you create a directory and copy files there, they will be in the base filesystem. In the case of unRaid, that means the ramdisk where Linux is loaded on every reboot. Any files you put there will be gone after a boot.

This is my understanding mate.

The reason we put a "." in front of the folder on the cache drive is to stop the moving script on your cache drive moving the files to the array. (disk1,2,3 etc) i have a cache drive and I set sabnzbd to down to:

/mnt/cache/.Downloads

That's because I have a 1tb cache drive.

for you since it sounds like you will be writing to the array with parity etc, you don't need to put the "." in front of the folder name and you can just write to a share or a disk on your array.

you may want to look at a way of either adding a cache drive or checking out snap and setting the files to download to one of those drives rather than hamming away at your array. (Not that I know this causes damage to the array) I would just rather have one drive (cahche) which gets hammed with downloads etc, and i don't keep important files on etc.

Hope this makes sense, I'm fairly new to this myself but learning things all the time.

Thomas.

:o

That should be documented somewhere as I couldn't find it.

Thanks for info!

I don't have cache disk drive but i dont understand which disk that saved to coz I can see my downloaded files to /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/

Is Cache disk recommended for downloading?

It is usually the default used as it means less spinning for the array disks and the parity drive.

prostuff, are applications installed to a drive or to the flash drive?

Whatever you specify as the install location is where the Application itself lives.  In the default case the SABnzb app is installed to the cache drive.  If you specified /boot it would have been the flash drive (but then permissions for the application would have been an issue because of the FAT file system of the flash drive).

I don't mind which, just wondering so I can get a better understanding of this all. I want to run all my temp downloads to a SNAP hosted drive but in a months time, I'll want to run them to a cache drive. If it installs the programs on a drive, I imagine stuff will get a bit more complicated (as opposed to installing on a flash drive where I'd just just point the temp d/l folder to a different place).

The install will attempt to chown the install directory and I think that will fail on a fat filesystem... not quite sure though.

aoaaron:

I am going to install cache drive later tonight but how come it download to "/mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/" when I don't have a cache drive? which disk does it save to?

confusing!

I have to make an assumption you know where you are installing the application.

This is probably going to sound greek to you as it sounds like you are not a linux person but:

I do a mkdir -p vINSTALL_LOCATION

in that case vINSTALL_LOCATION is /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd

which means that the mkdir -p command CREATES that location if it does not exist.

I could probably do a check to see what exists under /mnt but frankly that is extra parsing of the vINSTALL_LOCATION string just to figure out if the user is smart enough to pick a location that exists on a disk.

Thanks for info!

Done and in the first post now so others know

Thanks for info!

Done and in the first post now so others know

Cool!

My Sabnzbd is running from RAM lol, I am going to install Cache drive tonight, I guess I need to install Sabnzbd again?

Cool!

My Sabnzbd is running from RAM lol, I am going to install Cache drive tonight, I guess I need to install Sabnzbd again?

If you have it set at the default location (/mnt/cache/.sabnzbd) you should be fine.

You will probably have to:

1. disable reinstall on reboot of SABnzb and any other packages using the cache drive

2. shutdown the system

3. insert drive into system

4. start system back up

5. assign cache drive

6. probably will have to format it via the unRAID webGUI

7. go back into unMenu and install SABnzb again

8. that should install the package and put it on the actual cache drive this time.

The key is actually the first step as if you do not do that the mount point (/mnt/cache) will already exist and the cache drive you install WILL NOT be able to be mounted there.

Seem to have another issue, I just restarted my server and my sabnzbd.ini is pretty much blank.  Is it getting reloaded from somewhere other then the install dir.  Also I did change the install-dir with the config editor, is that causing issues?

I have it installed to /mnt/cache/.custom/sabnzbd

Edit

Actually I just notices sabnzbd, couchpotato, both seem to have reset settings files. All of them share like install dirs

Seem to have another issue, I just restarted my server and my sabnzbd.ini is pretty much blank.  Is it getting reloaded from somewhere other then the install dir.  Also I did change the install-dir with the config editor, is that causing issues?

I have it installed to /mnt/cache/.custom/sabnzbd

Edit

Actually I just notices sabnzbd, couchpotato, and sickbeard all seem to have reset settings files. All of them share like install dirs

Hell, that is my fault, I know what I did/did not do.

Give me about 30 minutes and I should have updated .conf files attached to the respected threads.