Sabnzbd unMenu package

Thanks for your reply on the other thread ProStuff - I looked a bit harder and hunted out all 3 packages that you modified, so I decided to start again.

Managed the Sickbeard, Couch ones perfectly, but having trouble with the SAB.

I have used the one posted in the 1st post here, replacing the one that is bundled in the 'Pkg Manager'  of Version 5-beta 11.

- this one looks out the more recent version 0.6.8.

When I run it, it seems to get stuck. Here are the steps it does carry out:

Downloads the SABnzbd-0.6.8-src.tar.gz file correctly.

When I go to install my SAB location only has a 'proc' and an 'sbin' folder

My browser is still processing the install

/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sabnzbd stop and start are not appearing

The Start and Stop buttons are not appearing in the User Scripts

It just sits there hung.

I have left it running for over 30 minutes thinking it might just kick in. While keeping an eye on the install directories for any movement.

Any ideas?

OK, should be fixed now, sorry it took me so long.  I missed changing one of the lines after having changed it fix a related issue.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem, appreciate the change.

I will try it again tonight.

One question I did have was, am I meant to enable the package and the Couch Potato, Sickbeard packages to 'reinstall on reboot'?

With UNRAID 5-beta 11, my array doesnt start automatically. I have to start it from within the Main screen, so the Cache drive isnt mounted yet.

This seems to cause a whole world of trouble with restarting my server, none of the web apps are loading properly after a reboot.

Thanks

One question I did have was, am I meant to enable the package and the Couch Potato, Sickbeard packages to 'reinstall on reboot'?

With UNRAID 5-beta 11, my array doesnt start automatically. I have to start it from within the Main screen, so the Cache drive isnt mounted yet.

This seems to cause a whole world of trouble with restarting my server, none of the web apps are loading properly after a reboot.

Thanks

It would be better if the array came online on boot, but that does not really matter.  I need the disk /mnt point to exist... or I create it... which can be a problem... but one I don't plan on "working around" as it would be a lot of checking I do not want to really add to the package.

Anyway, my install at the end does do a check to see if the mount points exist... but I will have to look into that if the array comes up in stopped mode and my package is set to re-install on reboot.  Thinking about it now, the package might cause a slight issue if it is set to re-install on reboot and the array does not come online automatically.

Will look at the package and upload another if I find anything.

EDIT: so looking back at it, I do/have to do a mkdir -p which will create all directories if they do not exist.  So long as the array starts automatically that is fine, I know that.  I do NOT know what would happen if the package was auto installed but the array was not auto started.  I think I know how to fix this and can, but don't much have the time to test it.  If there are any users that want to volunteer that would be much welcome, just PM me and email address I can send the .conf file to and I will get it to you as soon as I can.

I will try it again tonight. Seems that by making these upgrades, I didnt think too much was involved, but I always seem to spend so much time tinkering  :)

Thanks

It would be better if the array came online on boot, but that does not really matter.  I need the disk /mnt point to exist... or I create it... which can be a problem... but one I don't plan on "working around" as it would be a lot of checking I do not want to really add to the package.

Anyway, my install at the end does do a check to see if the mount points exist... but I will have to look into that if the array comes up in stopped mode and my package is set to re-install on reboot.  Thinking about it now, the package might cause a slight issue if it is set to re-install on reboot and the array does not come online automatically.

Will look at the package and upload another if I find anything.

Is this a feature of 5.0 that the array doesn't come on automatically?

I upgraded from 4.6 to 5.0-beta11 and this was one of the things that was different, but something I didn't necessarily want.

I was thinking that I would just have to:

Install the packages once - to my cache drive.

Not enable on reboot.

Then on reboot start the array.

Then in Unmenu 'Start' the package

But that seemed to then say that the /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sabnzbd didnt exist.

Let me know if you think this might be where my issues are, I can always just go back to installing it all manually, but just liked the idea of these scripts, thanks for your help so far.

EDIT: Do you know if 5.0-beta 11 - the array can be started automatically?

Is this a feature of 5.0 that the array doesn't come on automatically?

Yes and no.  It is a safety measure implemented just in case an upgrade from 4.7 to 5.0 went wrong somewhere.

I was thinking that I would just have to:

Install the packages once - to my cache drive.

Not enable on reboot.

Then on reboot start the array.

Then in Unmenu 'Start' the package

But that seemed to then say that the /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sabnzbd didnt exist.

Since the package is not reinstalled on reboot the above rc.unraid_sabnzbd script is not installed, which is what I use to start and stop SABnzb.

Let me know if you think this might be where my issues are, I can always just go back to installing it all manually, but just liked the idea of these scripts, thanks for your help so far.

Your issue, as I mentioned about is the lack of the above script.  I use it to check and see if my package is installed, regardless of the actual install of the application. I need that script to be able to start and stop the app, along with tie into a pre 5.0b11 auto detect of array start and stop (to automagically start and stop the app when the start and stop button is pressed.

EDIT: Do you know if 5.0-beta 11 - the array can be started automatically?

Yes, go to the Settings tab and then to the Disk Settings section.  There is a place there you can set to enable array start on boot.  You will need to "Apply" the setting once you change it.

I keep getting:

Required dependency, openssl-0.9.8n-i486-1.txz, has not been installed. Please install it before installing SABnzbd.

You can install the package Here

It is installed and I dont know what to do

Ok I fixed that by just editing out the check for openssl, one more note though, the top of SAB says:

? Your UNRAR version is not recommended, get it from http://www.rarlab.com/rar_add.htm

is this normal?

I keep getting:

Required dependency, openssl-0.9.8n-i486-1.txz, has not been installed. Please install it before installing SABnzbd.

You can install the package Here

It is installed and I dont know what to do

I have no idea why that might be failing, it is no different then any other of the checks.  Make sure you have the newest version of unMenu installed and all updates applied.

Ok I fixed that by just editing out the check for openssl, one more note though, the top of SAB says:

When this package is in the main unMenu distribution that will get written over.

? Your UNRAR version is not recommended, get it from http://www.rarlab.com/rar_add.htm

is this normal?

I have not seen that message ever with a clean install of my package.

The only thing I can think of is that you had a previous install of SABnzb.  I specifically said in my first post that I am not going to try and fix the install of my package over the top of another install.  My guess is that you had some of the packages installed from another attempt at SABnzb...

Hey ProStuff, thanks for the package.

I can't seem to upgrade from 0.6.7.  I followed your directions and deleted /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sabnzbd but still no luck, this is what I see.  So, I think there are some upgrade issues.

http://i.imgur.com/TJARt.png

Thanks buddy!  Let me know if you need any other info.

OK, so it looks like 0.6.8 is being installed, it is just the version check is not working.  Please see my first post for a list of commands that need to be run.

Hey prostuff... thanks for looking into this for me.

ps -ef | grep SABnzb

root@Tower:/boot/packages# ps -ef | grep SABnzb
nobody   15058     1 21 19:43 ?        00:49:48 python /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py --daemon
root     22982  9043  0 23:35 pts/1    00:00:00 grep SABnzb

cat /boot/packages/SABnzbd-0.6.5-src.tar.gz.auto_install

I assume you mean 0.6.8

http://pastie.org/private/oll4auyh0hyc15l0ppwaw

I don't have a .auto_install - the installer script won't allow it to auto boot because of the version conflict.

One thing that I noticed is this:

root@Tower:/boot/packages# ls | grep -i sab
SABnzbd-0.6.5-src.tar.gz.manual_install*
SABnzbd-0.6.7-src.tar.gz.auto_install*
SABnzbd-0.6.7-src.tar.gz.manual_install*
SABnzbd-0.6.8-src.tar.gz.manual_install*

Is the 0.6.7 auto install script messing things up?

ls ***OF THE INSTALL DIRECTORY OF SABnzb***

root@Tower:/mnt/cache/.sabnzbd# pwd
/mnt/cache/.sabnzbd
root@Tower:/mnt/cache/.sabnzbd# ls
CHANGELOG.txt  GPL2.txt     ISSUES.txt  SABHelper.py         Sample-PostProc.sh*  email/       locale/  sabnzbd/      scripts/
COPYRIGHT.txt  GPL3.txt     PKG-INFO    SABnzbd.py*          admin/               interfaces/  nzb.ico  sabnzbd.ini   tools/
Downloads/     INSTALL.txt  README.txt  Sample-PostProc.cmd  cherrypy/            licenses/    po/      sabnzbd.ini~  util/

***INSTALL_DIRECTORY_HERE***/SABnzbd.py -v

root@Tower:/mnt/cache/.sabnzbd# ./SABnzbd.py -v

SABnzbd.py-0.6.7

find "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}" -type f -name "SABnzbd-*-src.tar.gz" | sort -n | awk 'END{print $NF}' | awk '{split($0,a,"-"); print a[2]}'

find "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}" -type f -name "SABnzbd-*-src.tar.gz" | sort -n | awk 'END{print $NF}' | awk '{split($0,a,"/"); print a[4]}'

find "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}" -type d -name "SABnzbd-*" | sort -n | awk 'END{print $NF}' | awk '{split($0,a,"/"); print a[4]}'

root@Tower:/boot/packages# find /boot/packages/ -type f -name "SABnzbd-*-src.tar.gz" | sort -n | awk 'END{print $NF}' | awk '{split($0,a,"-"); print a[2]}'
root@Tower:/boot/packages# find /boot/packages -type f -name "SABnzbd-*-src.tar.gz" | sort -n | awk 'END{print $NF}' | awk '{split($0,a,"/"); print a[4]}'
SABnzbd-0.6.8-src.tar.gz
root@Tower:/boot/packages# find /boot/packages/ -type d -name "SABnzbd-*" | sort -n | awk 'END{print $NF}' | awk '{split($0,a,"/"); print a[4]}'
SABnzbd-0.6.8

Let me know if there is anything else you need!  Thanks man.

Hey prostuff... thanks for looking into this for me.

ps -ef | grep SABnzb

root@Tower:/boot/packages# ps -ef | grep SABnzb
nobody   15058     1 21 19:43 ?        00:49:48 python /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py --daemon
root     22982  9043  0 23:35 pts/1    00:00:00 grep SABnzb

cat /boot/packages/SABnzbd-0.6.5-src.tar.gz.auto_install

I assume you mean 0.6.8

http://pastie.org/private/oll4auyh0hyc15l0ppwaw

I don't have a .auto_install - the installer script won't allow it to auto boot because of the version conflict.

One thing that I noticed is this:

root@Tower:/boot/packages# ls | grep -i sab
SABnzbd-0.6.5-src.tar.gz.manual_install*
SABnzbd-0.6.7-src.tar.gz.auto_install*
SABnzbd-0.6.7-src.tar.gz.manual_install*
SABnzbd-0.6.8-src.tar.gz.manual_install*

Is the 0.6.7 auto install script messing things up?

ls ***OF THE INSTALL DIRECTORY OF SABnzb***

root@Tower:/mnt/cache/.sabnzbd# pwd
/mnt/cache/.sabnzbd
root@Tower:/mnt/cache/.sabnzbd# ls
CHANGELOG.txt  GPL2.txt     ISSUES.txt  SABHelper.py         Sample-PostProc.sh*  email/       locale/  sabnzbd/      scripts/
COPYRIGHT.txt  GPL3.txt     PKG-INFO    SABnzbd.py*          admin/               interfaces/  nzb.ico  sabnzbd.ini   tools/
Downloads/     INSTALL.txt  README.txt  Sample-PostProc.cmd  cherrypy/            licenses/    po/      sabnzbd.ini~  util/

***INSTALL_DIRECTORY_HERE***/SABnzbd.py -v

root@Tower:/mnt/cache/.sabnzbd# ./SABnzbd.py -v

SABnzbd.py-0.6.7

find "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}" -type f -name "SABnzbd-*-src.tar.gz" | sort -n | awk 'END{print $NF}' | awk '{split($0,a,"-"); print a[2]}'

find "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}" -type f -name "SABnzbd-*-src.tar.gz" | sort -n | awk 'END{print $NF}' | awk '{split($0,a,"/"); print a[4]}'

find "${PACKAGE_DIRECTORY}" -type d -name "SABnzbd-*" | sort -n | awk 'END{print $NF}' | awk '{split($0,a,"/"); print a[4]}'

root@Tower:/boot/packages# find /boot/packages/ -type f -name "SABnzbd-*-src.tar.gz" | sort -n | awk 'END{print $NF}' | awk '{split($0,a,"-"); print a[2]}'
root@Tower:/boot/packages# find /boot/packages -type f -name "SABnzbd-*-src.tar.gz" | sort -n | awk 'END{print $NF}' | awk '{split($0,a,"/"); print a[4]}'
SABnzbd-0.6.8-src.tar.gz
root@Tower:/boot/packages# find /boot/packages/ -type d -name "SABnzbd-*" | sort -n | awk 'END{print $NF}' | awk '{split($0,a,"/"); print a[4]}'
SABnzbd-0.6.8

Let me know if there is anything else you need!  Thanks man.

Most of those look like what I would expect, save for the version check that returned 0.6.7.

Let me look at it a little closer later tonight when I am around my test server.

Most of those look like what I would expect, save for the version check that returned 0.6.7.

Let me look at it a little closer later tonight when I am around my test server.

Thanks... much appreciated!

It seems like the files are not being over written.  What would cause this? All files in sab directory is set to 'nobody:users' and 755.

It seems like the files are not being over written.  What would cause this? All files in sab directory is set to 'nobody:users' and 755.

Not sure, but will check later tonight.  Might have something to do with the way I am copying files over... not sure.

Not sure, but will check later tonight.  Might have something to do with the way I am copying files over... not sure.

I got this error on more than a few file downloads - any idea what it is and how to fix it?  The file did not get processed.

Game.of.Thrones.S01E10.720p.HDTV.DD5.1.x264-EbP - Repair failed, not enough repair blocks (120 short)

that means, not all posts for the file were found and there weren't enough information to repair the file.

in the usenet every file needs to be split up into many short text posts. (in case of a long movie the file consists of several thousand posts.)

sometimes some of these posts get lost, so the file can't get downloaded. this happens more often with the age of the files. (if only a few posts are missing from the download, sabnzbd can repair the file. but in your case to many posts are missing.)

you need to search for a different upload of that file to get it complete.

Ok - Thanks Bennie,

In a case like this will a backup news group take over automatically or do I have to find it manually?

probably have to find it manually.  I have run into a few of these and have to do a manual search.  I usually use http://binsearch.info/ to find the episode and download the .nzb file and then upload it to SAB.  From there just set the catagory to TV and Sickbeard will process it for you.

Download failed - Out of your server's retention?

I stopped and restarted SAB - Same thing.  then I rebooted the server and unRAID - same error.  Any ideas?  a syslog is attached.  5.0beta-12

That error is down to your usenet provider.  The files you are trying to download are not available any more as they are outside the retention range that they have.

Download failed - Out of your server's retention?

I stopped and restarted SAB - Same thing.  then I rebooted the server and unRAID - same error.  Any ideas?  a syslog is attached.  5.0beta-12

Yup, what upthetoon said is correct.  In most cases I usually try to find a different download from binsearch.info or some place like that.

Thanks

my array is a little slow to start so this is what I use to help with it...I don't remeber where I seen it but i modified it to work with mine.

# determine if cache drive online, retry upto 7 times
for i in 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
do
    if [ ! -d /mnt/cache ]
    then
      sleep 15
    fi
done

If Cache drive is online, start SABnzbd, Sickbeard, and CouchPotato
if [ -d /mnt/cache ]; then

/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sabnzbd start

fi

Thanks

my array is a little slow to start so this is what I use to help with it...I don't remeber where I seen it but i modified it to work with mine.

# determine if cache drive online, retry upto 7 times
for i in 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
do
    if [ ! -d /mnt/cache ]
    then
      sleep 15
    fi
done

If Cache drive is online, start SABnzbd, Sickbeard, and CouchPotato
if [ -d /mnt/cache ]; then

/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sabnzbd start

fi

I have a new package for all three of these apps that does something similar to what you are doing above.  I have not released them as I have not had the time to test them... and probably won't until the end of the month.

So i feel really dumb asking this question. I have SABnzbd up and running, but I cannot change the download/temp directory on the server. I keep getting a "Cannot create download_dir folder /mnt/disk3/_nzbTemp " error. I'm sure it has something to do with the package being installed on my flash drive. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

So i feel really dumb asking this question. I have SABnzbd up and running, but I cannot change the download/temp directory on the server. I keep getting a "Cannot create download_dir folder /mnt/disk3/_nzbTemp " error. I'm sure it has something to do with the package being installed on my flash drive. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Which sabnzb package did you use? Mine, the 5.0b11+ one, mrmachine's original...  I saw your question yesterday in the other thread but I need to know which one you are using to help at all.

The information you have given above is also not enough to go on.  where are you trying to change this download_dir from, I need more information and the steps you are taking to try and reproduce the problem.

Thanks.

Which sabnzb package did you use? Mine, the 5.0b11+ one, mrmachine's original...  I saw your question yesterday in the other thread but I need to know which one you are using to help at all.

The information you have given above is also not enough to go on.  where are you trying to change this download_dir from, I need more information and the steps you are taking to try and reproduce the problem.

I used the .conf from "New unMENU packages for SABnzbd, Sick Beard and Couch Potato" thread (mrmachine). Just SABnzbd on version 4.7. I installed everything to the flash drive and have it loading on boot through unMENU. I am trying to change the temp download and completed download to /mnt/disk3/ through SABnzbd UI under config. When I click save change, i get a white screen that says  "Cannot create download_dir folder /mnt/disk3/_nzbTemp". That's the only error i receive. Seems like SAB doesn't see any of my /mnt/* drives. I obviously can update the folders to /boot/* without a problem. I don't have a cache drive, and really don't want to put one in just for this application. Thanks for the help.