Not able to connect to my unraid server

Vosco

Okay, a few weeks ago, my usb got corrupted.  I tried to changed usb sticks, well when I booted up, my server told me my key did not match my usb stick. Long story short, I ended up contacting customer support for help, which they did.  The problem I had was, once I had the right usb to match the key. I downloaded it and then My server disconnected, and I could not log back in.  I emailed customer support to help, but I could not give any information excepted, my server boots up and I just cant connect to it.

This weekend I tried to fix my server again with more understanding and this morning, before I could paste the url to download the key, I lost connection again.

So now Im thinking there is something happening between acquiring a key and downloading it that is no longer allowing my server to connect to the internet.  

I used a PNY brand flash drive both times.  I followed all the steps.  I even tried a flash drive that was blacklisted and it booted fine and it told me it was blacklisted. so I don't think that is the problem.

has anyone had this issue and is there something that I could be doing wrong.

I appreciate and help and advice, thanks.  I'm stuck

My bag for not being clear.  Here are the steps and results I have gotten. On the main tab, I click registration key.  Then where it says replace key, my screen says fix, which takes me to the top right corner, where I clicked replace key, which then sends me to the myserver sign in.  When I try to sign in it tells my guid is blacklisted.  I contact costumer support and they sent me key to match the actual usb I have in my computer.(note: the myserver guid does not match the actual guid that is showing on my server)

Now when I went to paste the url, I was disconnected from the gui.  

I'm not sure how to post my diagnostics, because I can not connect to my ip

I did reboot and everything booted as normal.  Is there something I can do there?  OOOH maybe I should try safe mode.  I'll try that when I get home

Screen Shot 2023-02-14 at 2.43.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-14 at 2.44.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-14 at 2.44.40 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...

SMART report for disabled disk2 looked fine. Probably not the reason for your problem. And your array is degraded whether or not you remove the disk. You have to rebuild it or New Config without the disk and rebuild parity.

Did disk2 have any data on it? Can't tell if emulated disk2 mounts since you haven't been able to start the array.

Setup syslog server.

• 2 weeks later...

I got tired of messing with this.  I made a new boot disk, started a trial mode, removed the bad disk. mounted my parity disk. the question I have now is when I start my array, with the missing drive, will the parity disk build the array with the info on the bad on the remaining disk that I have or do I have to replace that drive with another disk before I push start

5 hours ago, Vosco said:

mounted my parity disk

Parity doesn't have a filesystem to mount, so I assume you just mean parity is installed. Did you build parity without the missing disk? If so, no way it can rebuild the missing disk.

On 2/28/2023 at 8:23 AM, trurl said:

Did disk2 have any data on it?

If you didn't start the array and build parity yet, then we may be able to get it to emulate the missing disk.