SickBeard unMenu package

First of all I want to give credit to mrmachine who created the first unMenu package for SickBeard.  I used what he created as the base for my modifications and updates.

Please keep the discussion in this thread dedicated to INSTALL issues related to the .conf file I created.  If you have a question about CouchPotato setup or operation ask the question in the Application sub-forum or better yet, on the SickBeard forum.

So attached to this post is the unMenu package you will need.  If you are installing SickBeard I assume you have installed SABnzb.  Some of the package needed for SickBeard are installed with SABnzb.  I had to update and split out some of the packages that SickBeard uses to make it more "modular".  This makes it easier for me to keep up to date.

This package has been tested to work on unRAID 4.7 and the 5.0b6a. It should work on any of the 5.0bX installs, though I have not specifically tested it.  I believe that 5.0b9/10 introduced a new mover script so if you install this to the cache drive you will have to figure out how to keep the folder there.

Drop the attached .conf file in this post and the next into the packages folder and then find the SickBeard install on the unMenu package manager screen.

I can not and will not guarantee compatibility with current installs of SickBeard. If you have a current install and try installing using this package then I can not guarantee that I will help fix any issues.

There is one gotcha with this package.  The version of SickBeard downloaded is from the master branch on github.  What this means is that when master gets updated the file name and MD5 sum end up being wrong in the package manager.  If you use the package manager to download and install using this .conf soonish then you should be OK.  I have a feature request out to Joe L. for an enhancement to the package manager but I have not the slightest clue when the request will make it into main branch unMenu.

ps -ef | grep Sick
ls ***OF THE INSTALL DIRECTORY OF sickbeard***
cat ***OF THE config.ini file in the INSTALL DIRECTORY OF SickBeard***
cd PACKAGE_DIRECTORY && -type f -name "midgetspy-Sick-Beard-*.tar.gz" | sort -n | awk 'END{print $NF}' | awk '{split($0,a,"-"); print a[4]}' | awk '{split($0,b,"."); print b[1]}'
cd PACKAGE_DIRECTORY && find .  -type f -name "midgetspy-Sick-Beard-*tar.gz" | sort -n | awk 'END{print $NF}' | awk '{split($0,a,"/"); print a[4]}'

EDIT: 7-26-2011

PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE NEWEST .CONF FILE!!  It has a bug fix related to the creation/recreation of the config.ini file where the SickBeard settings are stored.

EDIT: 7-27-2011

Some people appear to be having trouble upgrading to a newer package.  There are a few things to know about upgrading, that I guess I take for granted since I have to usually do a wipe and install during my testing.

1. To fake out the package and allow you to install the it again you will need to run the code below before updating:

rm /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sickbeard
rm /boot/packages/midgetspy-Sick-Beard-*.auto_install

2. Now you can copy the new .conf in place

3. Make sure to set all your variables to what you need again.

4. Hit the install button.

EDIT: 8-07-2011

Fixed a fubar in the .conf file

EDIT: 8-8-2011

The supplementary packages have now been included in unMenu's main release.  If you want to run SickBeard with the .conf attached to this post PLEASE UPDATE UNMENU FIRST!!

EDIT: 1-06-2012

Update .conf to newest version of SickBeard

EDIT: 1-24-2012

EDIT: 07-05-2013

sickbeard-unmenu-package.conf

python-unmenu-package.conf

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With your flurry of activity this weekend, can we expect to see a couchpotato package soonish?  The down-loaders trifecta as it were :D

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Yes, more than likely.  I have a package mostly completed, just need to do some testing.  The packages I have posted today have been mostly complete for a while now, I just have not had time to test them.

With it being about 92 and extremely humid here it has been a do some stuff outside/in the attic and then sit down to work on these packages.

First of all I want to give credit to mrmachine who created the first unMenu package for SickBeard.  I used what he created as the base for my modifications and updates.

So attached to this post is the unMenu package you will need.  If you are installing SickBeard I assume you have installed SABnzb.  Some of the package needed for SickBeard are installed with SABnzb.  I had to update and split out some of the packages that SickBeard uses to make it more "modular".  This makes it easier for me to keep up to date.

This package has been tested to work on unRAID 4.7 and the 5.0b6a. It should work on any of the 5.0bX installs, though I have not specifically tested it.  I believe that 5.0b9/10 introduced a new mover script so if you install this to the cache drive you will have to figure out how to keep the folder there.

Drop the attached .conf file in this post and the next into the packages folder and then find the SickBeard install on the unMenu package manager screen.

I can not and will not guarantee compatibility with current installs of SickBeard. If you have a current install and try installing using this package then I can not guarantee that I will help fix any issues.

There is one gotcha with this package.  The version of SickBeard downloaded is from the master branch on github.  What this means is that when master gets updated the file name and MD5 sum end up being wrong in the package manager.  If you use the package manager to download and install using this .conf soonish then you should be OK.  I have a feature request out to Joe L. for an enhancement to the package manager but I have not the slightest clue when the request will make it into main branch unMenu.

Does the SAB and Sickbeard packages you posted have a web interface?

First of all I want to give credit to mrmachine who created the first unMenu package for SickBeard.  I used what he created as the base for my modifications and updates.

So attached to this post is the unMenu package you will need.  If you are installing SickBeard I assume you have installed SABnzb.  Some of the package needed for SickBeard are installed with SABnzb.  I had to update and split out some of the packages that SickBeard uses to make it more "modular".  This makes it easier for me to keep up to date.

This package has been tested to work on unRAID 4.7 and the 5.0b6a. It should work on any of the 5.0bX installs, though I have not specifically tested it.  I believe that 5.0b9/10 introduced a new mover script so if you install this to the cache drive you will have to figure out how to keep the folder there.

There is one gotcha with this package.  The version of SickBeard downloaded is from the master branch on github.  What this means is that when master gets updated the file name and MD5 sum end up being wrong in the package manager.  If you use the package manager to download and install using this .conf soonish then you should be OK.  I have a feature request out to Joe L. for an enhancement to the package manager but I have not the slightest clue when the request will make it into main branch unMenu.

Does the SAB and Sickbeard packages you posted have a web interface?

All of the SABnzb, SickBeard, and CouchPotato packages have a web interface to them.

Sorry to bother you but do your CP/SB/SAB all run themselves on startup or is there an input command required to start them up?

If you enable re-install on reboot via package manager then they will re-install on reboot.

hi, I have installed SB and Sab on my unraid 4.7. Start configuring sab and then I have to reboot the unraid to check the wire of my cache drive.. I didn't check the re-install on startup thinking that sab will be available at startup (and not reinstall to original setting with that option) but no. Sab wasn't there and I have to reinstall it and of course reinstall it.

I then do it and try the reinstall on startup option. Reboot again, and sab correctly run, except the fact I have to reconfigure it.  Is there a way to keep the setting when we reboot the unraid server without loosing the configuration ?

By the way, it's really awesome to get sb and sab install without problem (except that annoying stuff about the reboot, but you don't restart a unraid server every day ;))

Thanks a lot !

PS : sorry for my poor english but it's not my native language, so perhaps it will be tricky to understand exactly what I mean  :-[

Is there a way to keep the setting when we reboot the unraid server without loosing the configuration ?

Hopefully that is fixed in the .conf file I just attached

Thanks a lot !

PS : sorry for my poor english but it's not my native language, so perhaps it will be tricky to understand exactly what I mean  :-[

Your english is probably better then me trying to speak your native language.

Is there a way to keep the setting when we reboot the unraid server without loosing the configuration ?

Hopefully that is fixed in the .conf file I just attached

How to use it ? Just replacing the .conf in the packages directory of the flash and enable the re-install on re-boot ?

The sb says : There is a newer version available (or else you're ahead of master)— Update Now

Can I do it or it's better to stay with that version with no update ?

By the way, When I install for the first time sb, the unmenu didn't find the correct file (checksum error, and the file was 0kb) so I have directly downloaded it from the sb website, and simply put it in the package directory and then everything is fine.

How to use it ? Just replacing the .conf in the packages directory of the flash and enable the re-install on re-boot ?

Yes, just replace the .conf file and enable re-install.

The sb says : There is a newer version available (or else you're ahead of master)— Update Now

As I said in the original post I do not know how the install will react if an update is done from within the app and then a restart of the server occurs.  I tried to handle that case but while I was testing there was not a update on master for me to try updating from within the app.

Can I do it or it's better to stay with that version with no update ?

My thought... if it ain't broke and you don't need something in the new version just leave it be.

By the way, When I install for the first time sb, the unmenu didn't find the correct file (checksum error, and the file was 0kb) so I have directly downloaded it from the sb website, and simply put it in the package directory and then everything is fine.

Have you updated to the latest version of unMenu?  The newest version has some stuff in there so that downloading from github is better handled.

Have you updated to the latest version of unMenu?  The newest version has some stuff in there so that downloading from github is better handled.

Well, I think I use the first .conf you post in that topic, perhaps that's why  ;) but as my sb works great, I will not update it and let it run like that.

edit : I just try to reboot the unraid, and all my setting are keep ! Amazing :D (even if the first reinstall of sb was not on cache/etc... so I didn't find my previous setting, but changing that variable to the previous directory make it find it again :))

Thanks a lot (and check your private message  ;))

• 1 month later...

I installed sabnzbd and sickbeard last night.  This Sickbeard package and the latest sabnzbd which installed .68

I have two one issues:

1) Sickbeard to sabnzbd :

Sep-10 14:16:16 ERROR    SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-164951 :: Unknown failure sending NZB to sab. Return text is: 147

That error occurs whenever sb try to send a nzb to sab.  I't not the API key as I have a google sabnzbd connect extension that also uses the API key to send NZBs and that works fine.  Google for that error message revealed nothing.  Any ides ?

2) sabnzbd to sickbeard

when sabToSickBeard.py is called to run, it just desplays the contents of the script, not execute it:  here is the example of the sabnzb script log:

*The autoProcessTV.cfg Port information is the Sickbeard Port, not that sabnzbd.  The default in the cfg is the default we use in the sabnnzbd package, hence the confusion.

Can anyone point me to the right direction ?  I've made sure to CHMOD the script to 777 in case it was a permissions problem.  Everything is owned by nobody.

1) Sickbeard to sabnzbd :

Sep-10 14:16:16 ERROR    SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-164951 :: Unknown failure sending NZB to sab. Return text is: 147

That error occurs whenever sb try to send a nzb to sab.  I't not the API key as I have a google sabnzbd connect extension that also uses the API key to send NZBs and that works fine.  Google for that error message revealed nothing.  Any ides ?

2) sabnzbd to sickbeard

when sabToSickBeard.py is called to run, it just desplays the contents of the script, not execute it:  here is the example of the sabnzb script log:

*The autoProcessTV.cfg Port information is the Sickbeard Port, not that sabnzbd.  The default in the cfg is the default we use in the sabnnzbd package, hence the confusion.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=63591&page=156

Can anyone point me to the right direction ?  I've made sure to CHMOD the script to 777 in case it was a permissions problem.  Everything is owned by nobody.

try 770 for the chmod and a chown -R nobody:users on the folder with your scripts in it.  The error is not related to the install of the apps, it looks to be the result of a possible application error with sickbeard.

• 2 weeks later...

Hrm, after install, by default the port was set to 8082 which was being used by my sab install. Needless to say, given link to setup didn't work. I changed the variable to 8083, saw the button there to re-install with the new settings, did that but both before and after that I still can't find the setup page. I've tried a bunch of ports in and around there.

How do I go about identifying where it is?

Hrm, after install, by default the port was set to 8082 which was being used by my sab install. Needless to say, given link to setup didn't work. I changed the variable to 8083, saw the button there to re-install with the new settings, did that but both before and after that I still can't find the setup page. I've tried a bunch of ports in and around there.

How do I go about identifying where it is?

You have to make sure to set it correctly the first time.  Since a lot of settings can be changed within SickBeard I DO NOT delete the old SickBeard config file.  You will have to stop SickBeard and edit the SickBeard config file manually.  I can't delete and recreate the SickBeard config file on each install because all post processing settings would be lost.

Not having much luck, unfortunately. When reading through the sb wiki, specifically the topic on post processing, it indicates there should be a sample cfg file provided in the autoProcessTV folder. That folder is empty on my install. Also, it mentions using sabToSickbeard.py. Where would one find that?

Short these two files, I followed directions I've read as closely as possible. I've gone from sab dumping downloads in its own folder on the cache drive to installing sb and now, whenever a download finishes it hard-locks the server. Can't access any apps running, can't telnet in, nothing.

Clearly things aren't configured right and I want to start with the supposed config file. 

Not having much luck, unfortunately. When reading through the sb wiki, specifically the topic on post processing, it indicates there should be a sample cfg file provided in the autoProcessTV folder. That folder is empty on my install. Also, it mentions using sabToSickbeard.py. Where would one find that?

Short these two files, I followed directions I've read as closely as possible. I've gone from sab dumping downloads in its own folder on the cache drive to installing sb and now, whenever a download finishes it hard-locks the server. Can't access any apps running, can't telnet in, nothing.

Clearly things aren't configured right and I want to start with the supposed config file. 

Those are included with sickbeard, you have to copy those from sickbeard over to the sabnzb folder

What I'm saying is - I looked where the sample cfg was supposed to be within sickbeard but it wasn't there. I think I found its contents on pastebin though so I just made the file. Looks pretty straight forward

[sickBeard]
host=localhost
port=8081
username=
password=

Next up, I found where sabToSickbeard.py is referenced in sab so that should be good to go too. Fixed a few paths and... well, I was about to see if I was good to go however sab stopped on its own. Checked the logs and it looks like python was killed due to out of memory issue.

Server's running 2GB of ram, all I have installed on unRaid is unmenu, SAB and now sickbeard. I wouldn't think it would be that taxing?

Hi, I have Sickbeard installed, but not through your package... But I didn't want to start a new thread because this is very close to other reported problems in this thread. Please let me know if you want me to delete this post and start a fresh thread!

Problem: After Sickbeard does its 'sorting' of the episode into my TV directory, I can see it in the directory structure of the share over SMB, but I can't open/play it. If I run newperms on it, or if I chmod it after it has been sorted, it will open fine. Currently, I just newperms the whole TV share each time I want to watch TV... which is obviously not ideal.

Attempted Solutions: 1) I've tried 'chmod 770' on the autoprocessTV directory and 'chown -R nobody:users' on the autoprocessTV directory as well, but that doesn't seem to help at all.

2) I've tried to make a script that just newperms the TV episode after it has been moved, but SABnzbd gives an 'Exit(-1) Cannot Run Script' error when I select it as the post-processing script. The script is as follows: (note: I've probably made some simple mistake that keeps it from running)

python /mnt/user/temp/sickbeard/autoProcessTV/sabToSickBeard.py "$1" "$2" "$3" "$4" "$5" "$6"
sleep 10
/usr/local/sbin/newperms /mnt/user/TV

Also, I have SABnzbd and Sickbeard actually running from my array, not on the flash drive (/mnt/user/temp/). It used to work just fine on unraid 4.7, so it's obviously something with the new security model that I'm not understanding.

SABnzbd 0.6.9

Sickbeard current Alpha Master

UnRaid 5b12

Thanks for any help you can give!