NFS Share to XCP-NG/Xen Server for VM's (Has anyone done this)?

theryno

I have an XCP-NG/Xen Server running with about 10 CentOS 7 (FreePBX) VM's. I want to run those VM's on my Unraid server disks so I setup a new share and made sure "NFS" was on and available on my network. I then went to Xen Server and setup a new NFS storage and right away Xen connected to the new share/storage. I started to move one VM to the new share/storage and after about 5% I got an error "VDI_COPY_FAILED(End_of_file)". Tried a few other VM's with the same error.

Has anyone successfully setup an Unraid server connected to an XCP-NG/Xen Server as a storage for their VM's?

Edited by theryno
  • 4 months later...

I have not tried to use NFS for VDIs, but as a "Remote", which is what is a share for backups in XCP-ng.

The backup writing works, but the health checks fail in the most cases with:

Error: SR_BACKEND_FAILURE_47(, The SR is not available [opterr=[Errno 116] Stale file handle

I have not idea why this happens. If I remove the Remote and re-create it, the back works with health check for once. Next time when scheduled the problem re-appears.

If someone has a solution, please step forward.