Graylog - problem with installation / running

hello i'm looking something to log networks on my home network 

I have edgerouter ER4 and I cannot check whats website people on my network check

I found Graylog, and try install and runn , but i have a problem

I try this : https://whitematter.tech/posts/run-graylog-with-docker-compose-on-unraid/ - does work for me, after installation I cannot connect to  "my ip unraid:9000" -  nothing

or try install Graylog via app, but its does work

Any one know how to install this ?

• 2 weeks later...

I came here looking for help on this. First my password was too short. Now It's having permission issues. and I'm not sure how to correct it. 

2023-03-04 13:30:39,433 ERROR: org.graylog2.shared.journal.LocalKafkaJournal - Cannot access offset file: Permission denied
2023-03-04 13:30:39,462 ERROR: org.graylog2.shared.journal.LocalKafkaJournal - Cannot access offset file: Permission denied
2023-03-04 13:30:39,671 INFO : org.graylog2.shared.buffers.InputBufferImpl - Message journal is enabled.
2023-03-04 13:30:39,673 ERROR: org.graylog2.shared.journal.LocalKafkaJournal - Cannot access offset file: Permission denied
2023-03-04 13:30:39,769 ERROR: org.graylog2.storage.versionprobe.VersionProbe - Unable to retrieve version from Elasticsearch node: Unknown host 'elasticsearch: Name or service not known'. - Unknown host 'elasticsearch: Name or service not known'.
2023-03-04 13:30:44,773 ERROR: org.graylog2.storage.versionprobe.VersionProbe - Unable to retrieve version from Elasticsearch node: Unknown host 'elasticsearch'. - Unknown host 'elasticsearch'.

@Maniek2as2 what is in your graylog-graylog-1 log file? 

• 2 months later...

I also have been fighting with trying to get graylog working in an Unraid docker.  Seems to be a combinations of many problems with how ALL the current dockers seem to be built.

For starters, you need other services up and running for Graylog to work.  That being elasticsearch and mongodb.  I have not gotten any of the three docker containers to actually install and 'just work'.  File permissions are trying to run as root, instead of nobody, on all the containers.  There also seem to be some version restrictions betweeh what version of graylog you use and what version of elasticsearch works with it.  Not sure if that is the only problems, but it seems like it may be worth trying to create a container that just includes all three services rolled up together - unfortunatly, I don't know enough about any of them to take this on.

quick update - it seems the errors I was seeing were due to folder permissions.  For some reason the folders that the containers create don't get set with permissions that those same containers can access.  chmod 777'ing them got the containers to all start up.. I think.. so far... now to actually learn how to USE graylog...

• 6 months later...
On 5/26/2023 at 5:06 AM, CraziFuzzy said:

quick update - it seems the errors I was seeing were due to folder permissions.  For some reason the folders that the containers create don't get set with permissions that those same containers can access.  chmod 777'ing them got the containers to all start up.. I think.. so far... now to actually learn how to USE graylog...

How has it been for you? I am struggling to setup graylog also but all the guides I follow seem to be outdated or not have any fixes for the numerous issues I see.