SSD pool upgrade

Hello,

At present i have 3 pools of 1 ssd formatted in xfs as i had problems of write amplification in 6.8.3 with 2 ssd btrfs pool which killed my ssds in 6 months.

Until now my ssd are sata ones and of course i have no data protection with 1 drive pools.

I bought 6 1tb nvme drives with better endurance specs.

The server itself is a hp Z620. So pcie is Gen3

It has :

-2 pcie3 x16 slots

-1 pcie3 x8 (x4 electrical) open ended

-1 pcie3 x8 open ended

For the moment i have:

1 quadro P400 (plex transcoding and tdarr)

1 quadro FX380 (passtrough to a windows vm) barely used

1 card with 1 nvme port and 2 sata port (only using sata for now)

1 HBA 9207 8E for my jbod case

But fiber connection is about to come so i also bought a 10Gbps card with SFP+ module. So better download speeds, possibility to expose plex and nextcloud outside the lan.

I have to buy a plx chip based card to plug 4 nvme ssd. ssd are hynix pe4010 (so pcie gen3 and about 2,5G read and 950 Mb write max)

What would be the best usage of the server slots ?

Should i set up 1 or 2 ssd pools ?

Which plx card to choose ? The best is x16 -> x4x4x4x4. It also exists a cheaper x8 -> x2x2x2x2

it was a good opportunity (250€ for the 6 drives). and i have spare. i was also looking at ssd with better endurance than traditionnal 600TBW of mainstream products.

I don't have nvme slots so the only way to use nvme drives is to use pcie slot. The motherboard don't have bifurcation ability so i have to use a plx chip base card.

I'm not looking for the absolute best transfer rate.

I need space for docker img (60GB), libvirt, vm (240GB), download (new as speed will normally dramatically increase), nextcloud data (250GB, new as with my current connection it's not possible)