How to Disbale Parity to run Defrag?

1 minute ago, JonathanM said:

Parity doesn't hold file information, no need to disable it. As long as the array is started and you are working with the mounted array disks, parity will stay synchronized with any defrag activities.

I tried to defrag with parity on, its slow and it started to utilize the automatic Turbo write, i defarged a single drive but all the array was working.

What will happen if before staring the array i remove both parity drives from the list and start the array without them?

Can i later add them back without running full parity cycle?

What happens if you disable turbo write?

1 minute ago, Hexenhammer said:

What will happen if before staring the array i remove both parity drives from the list and start the array without them?

Can i later add them back without running full parity cycle?

If you alter any bits on the disks while parity is disabled you will need to fully rebuild parity. If you don't want to rebuild parity, the drives must only be mounted read-only, so no bits are changed. Defragging rearranges bits, that's sort of the purpose, so no, parity is no longer valid after you defrag data.

20 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

What happens if you disable turbo write?

If you alter any bits on the disks while parity is disabled you will need to fully rebuild parity. If you don't want to rebuild parity, the drives must only be mounted read-only, so no bits are changed. Defragging rearranges bits, that's sort of the purpose, so no, parity is no longer valid after you defrag data.

I found a script here on forum that does automatic defrag.

The userscrips thingy doesn't have a proper scheduling option, only some basic presets like on boot, once a day [when once a day?] and it has custom field.

But no description of how its done.

Do you know how to set up manual schedule? say if i want the script to run every day at 09:00 in the morning