Server Freezing

Indican
Go to solution Solved by trurl,

Good evening everyone.

Been a decently long unRAID user, and love it. Built my server around the summer of 2020, and used it for about 2 years until life changes forced me to shelve it away for a while until I got a bit back on my feet, and had the room to set it back up. Which I did over this last weekend.

It ran great for the first hour or so, decided it was a great idea to run a parity check on it to make sure everything stored on it was alright after sitting in a dry garage for storage for the last year or so. After about 20 mins of it running the check, it just suddenly freezes. No input/display on console, drops network across the board. It basically becomes a fan. Checking the logs after the first freeze, I see this:

Feb 20 17:34:14 ThinkTank smbd[5498]:   make_connection_snum: '/mnt/user' does not exist or permission denied when connecting to [rootshare] Error was No such file or directory

When I rebooted the device, and SSH'd into it, it in fact does not exist at all. /mnt/ does, but /user/ doesn't. Even after creating it, nada.

The weirdest thing though, is the error pops up multiple times then stops once the server fully boots, or I start the array.

Specs for the server:

Supermicro 2U Server Chassis
Model – CSE-826

SAS-826TQ B20ackplane is installed

X8DT3-LN4F Motherboard
2x Xeon X5670 2.93ghz CPUs
48GB DDR3 ECC RAM
6x2TB drives

thinktank-diagnostics-20230220-2051.zip

Edited by Indican