Array has errors (64) - do I disregard?

Neejrow
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Unraid 6.11.5
Ryzen 3900X
B550M Mortar Wifi

Hello,

Last night I recieved an email that my server encounter some errors on a disk. This concerned me greatly because just recently (2~ weeks ago) I went through a whole ordeal with a drive seemingly failing, and then the replacement drive I bought failed, so had to buy a 2nd replacement drive to fix. (Context here)

Immediately upon seeing this error I began a SMART extended self test on the drive, and it has just completed. It returned without error. I'm attaching the diagnostics to this post.

Do I simply disregard this small error of 64 as a one off random thing maybe caused by a memory failure etc, or is this something I should take more seriously? I have had my unRAID server running great for 3 years, up until a couple of weeks ago. The previous incident clearly seemed that the drive itself had failed (under warranty) but now with these errors coming up randomly on a different drive, perhaps something else is also happening that needs to be addressed? I can't really recall ever having errors on drives before outside of a failed drive and faulty SATA cable.

What are the next steps I should take? Thanks.

tower-diagnostics-20230222-1826.zip

Okay thanks for the suggestions.

I will turn the server off tomorrow and check what cable it's on. (Mobo / SAS card)

I thought I was being smart last time with putting labels on all my drives. Now I realise I'm an idiot for not labelling which end of the system they go to.

Edit: Can see in devices which drives are on LSI card / Motherboard ports.

Edited by Neejrow