Unraid docker labels

Dijkstra0

Hi,

I am trying to get the net.unraid.docker.shell label to work on a container, i have tried setting it to /bin/bash, /bin/sh, sh, bash and Shell all of these result in the terminal opening and closing straight away.

I also noticed that unraid well remember, what is set to and not updated as it being changed only way I found to get unraid to update the info to the container through the unraid ui, before starting it again.

Also is there any documentation on these labels as the best i found is these three lines from the unraid source 

$c['Icon']        = $info['Config']['Labels']['net.unraid.docker.icon'] ?? false;
$c['Url']         = $info['Config']['Labels']['net.unraid.docker.webui'] ?? false;
$c['Shell']       = $info['Config']['Labels']['net.unraid.docker.shell'] ?? false;

Knowing what inputs they are expecting would be nice, is it also there appears to be an net.unraid.docker.managed label but with out any documentation on these labels that I van find i don't know weather I would want to set or not or even what to set it to.

Unfortunately these labels are not really documented. They were added as a way to integrate containers that were not created through the unRAID template system with the webui. 

The net.unraid.docker.managed doesn't really do anything useful. Ideally it would be set to "dockerman" for all containers created by the unRAID webui. The composeman plugin sets it to "composeman" to indicate that the container is not managed by dockerman.

net.unraid.docker.icon and net.unraid.docker.webui serve the same purpose as the icon and webui fields in a dockerman template.

(Edit) Since 6.11.0 net.unraid.docker.webui serves as the primary source for the webui url, the template is secondary.

For net.unraid.docker.shell any of these options /bin/bash, /bin/sh, sh, bash should work just fine assuming they match the shell available in the docker container they are being applied to. The issue you are facing is probably the fact that the labels dont update properly, which is currently a bug with unRAID. The only way i know to get the updates to apply is a server restart. 

Edited by primeval_god
  • Like 1