[6.11.1] Server mostly unresponsive every morning

GoChris

Been having at least a week of this now I think, but every morning between 4 and 5am the server becomes unresponsive. Almost every time I can't ssh to it at all, and I have to hard reset.

This morning I was able to SSH into it, the web ui only loaded the banner the first time I tried, but nothing after any subsequent tries. There was not much ram available, maybe ~600MB according to top. I did try to stop dockers, and most did, but they weren't using much ram according to docker status. Plex was using ~12GB which would not stop when using docker stop. The system has 64GB of ram. One time last week when I was able to ssh into it (about the only other time I could), top was showing kswapd using 100% cpu. On that day reboot never worked.

Today /sbin/reboot did eventually reboot, however it was still considered an unclean shutdown. Before today I did increase some shutdown timeouts to ~5minutes. I did manage to get the diagnostics via ssh today before it rebooted, and I have attached. I would appreciate any insight. One last thing, I did upgrade to 6.11.5 last week and I think that was when I started having these problems so I downgraded, and still have the problems. I could be mistaken that the problems occurred before I upgraded.

tower-diagnostics-20230227-0720.zip

I'm having the similar issue to yours so I hope you don't mind me adding to this post, I'm hoping we could both find a resolution. I am also worried that it is developing into what you are facing now. It has been the last two mornings, I have no access to the GUI, but this morning I was encoding some movies with handbrake so while I still had some what of a response. I could still refresh handbrake so  I'm still some what responsive in comparison to yours. This morning however I received a 500 Internal Server Error, and while I could SSH into it the reboot /sbin/reboot function is not working for me.

Refer to these two posts:

After doing so I pinged the ip and was not getting a response. I waited a good 30 minutes , and  I had to do a hard reset both days now. However this first occurred for me about 3 or 4 days ago. I've done updates but I did not upgrade. Here is my diagnostics

MyTower-diagnostics-20230227-1001.zip