octoprint webcam (logitech c920) not working

Raphi

Hello guys,

I recently installed the spats octoprint docker and have since tried to add a webcam. I installed the dvb drivers and I see the video0 and video1 in the /dev folder.

image.thumb.png.e4cc484cc9f6131023287890d722c5f0.png

I tried both video0 and video1 and when I configure video1, the lights on the webcam turn on. So this seems to be right. When I then try to add the webcam in the octoprint settings with the following URL: http://192.168.1.120:5003/webcam/?action=stream this window pops up however:

image.png.b734e83a6b75cd388b678190ed22c197.png 

with just the png icon in the back. Also when I try to directly enter the URL into the browser I get a 503 Service Unavailable error.

Help would be much appreciated

Just wanted to post I'm also running into the same issue after updating my OctoPrint a day or two ago. Camera used to work, but I'm now seeing the "503 Service Unavailable" on the "/webcam/?action=stream" url that used to work.

Also have a Logitech C920 myself.

Edited by DatDucky
Adding context

Quick update to the original post

In the docker tab, I force updated the octoprint container (advanced view) to the newest build (that was already installed). This solved the problem and the webcam is now working as intended. Hope this might work for others too