Beelink mini-pc usage with Unraid

TheTolsonator

Looking to purchase one of these as energy rates and my aging hardware is causing concern. 

https://www.bee-link.net/products/u59-n5095?variant=40696376230068

I would be running:

-Plex/Jellyfin (little to no transcoding) 

-PiHole (which I might push off to a proper Pi on the side)

-Radarr

-Possibly Wireguard for remote work

The system only supports up to 2TB drives, which is fine for my usage. My library of media isn't that big where I'm needing 10-20TB of storage. I'm well aware that this system might be better off with a vanilla Ubuntu server or something of the sort, but I'm familiar with Unraid and it's layout and would prefer to keep using it if possible...

Thoughts?

Edited by TheTolsonator
  • Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Vr2Io said:

The drawback was the M2, SATA only no PCIe and N5095 may be too weak for your application.

I also searchig a mini-pc to replace some build, but not yet found the right one.

So I've only got a 2TB sata SSD at this point and have the option for external drives if I need to go further. My apologies if the version I sent was the wrong model, the one I'm looking at has the N5105 which has a better iGPU with it. 

Ultimately my goal is to have a system that won't ruin me with power usage (this winter has been a pricey one) that I can use for Jellyfin/file storage. The older hardware I have isn't as power efficient and I'm not in a place to buy/build another system for slightly better power usage.

The recommended hardware section of the wiki is LAUGHABLY out of date (talking Socket AM3 era stuff) so that's not an available avenue and most of the systems I see around here are beefy server grade setups.

12 hours ago, TheTolsonator said:

if the version I sent was the wrong model

My bad, just because URL have text n5095.

New Intel CPU N100, N200 come out... and its product also release, they save more power but only single channel / slot memory and slightly less performance. You may also check MOREFINE M9, have two M2 by SATA (2242) and PCIe (2280).

image.thumb.png.d55a6e37729d18fac35c4709301f3785.png

Edited by Vr2Io
  • Upvote 1