Unraid.net Account Upgrades

SpencerJ

On March 1, 2023, Unraid.net Accounts are migrating to a new identity provider. This will give you a simple, secure way to authenticate with our cloud services moving forward.

The affected services will go into maintenance mode at 9 am Pacific on March 1st, 2023; afterward, you will sign in with our new identity provider.

During maintenance mode, the Unraid forums will be down for a few hours during this migration. Apologies in advance for the inconvenience.

For full details about this upgrade, click here.

Copy of Unraid.net Account Cognito Blog (1).png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, johnwhicker said:

Is this the first step toward a subscription based licensing model?  Is this where UnRaid is heading?  Or this is purely a security play? 

I have no information about future plans but I can see certain services being subscription based but I doubt they would do that with the general Unraid license.  That seems like a good way to lose a lot of users.  :)

3 hours ago, johnwhicker said:

Is this the first step toward a subscription based licensing model?  Is this where UnRaid is heading?  Or this is purely a security play? 

Limetech have stated in the past that they have no intention of making the main Unraid licence subscription based (although they did reserve the right to make additional services subscription based).  One of the big plus points for Unraid is the fact that one has always been able to update to the latest release no matter how long ago one bought the licence.

Whether that intention had changed in any way I have no idea but I hope not.

5 hours ago, itimpi said:

Limetech have stated in the past that they have no intention of making the main Unraid licence subscription based (although they did reserve the right to make additional services subscription based).  One of the big plus points for Unraid is the fact that one has always been able to update to the latest release no matter how long ago one bought the licence.

Whether that intention had changed in any way I have no idea but I hope not.

That's a very slippery slope and I kind of been there done that with some automation software from Indigo.  I ended up scraping my entire software and hardware investment as I refused to be their cow for milking my $$$$.  As for UnRaid, updated and latest release is one thing, but the additional services is where we gonna have an issue. Things that now are included in the original license will become piecemealed and paid as subscription items with the future subscription model. I can see where dockers and some apps will take the subscription route as well. The rest of us mortals with the original  licenses will just become second class citizens with limited capabilities and force to shell out $$$ to get more capabilities  which  now is included with the cost of the same license.  I exactly know this will play out.  Mark my word on this one :(  

There is no easy answer and everyone needs to make money but as far my concern goes when I hear subscription I immediately feel like my cow is being taken down the $$$ milking lane.

Edited by johnwhicker
16 hours ago, johnwhicker said:

security play? 

This is a security upgrade. Your persistent and vocal concerns over pricing changes have been heard loud and clear. You make a lot of assumptions in your subsequent posts. Please rest assured, any future changes will not affect current users. 

• Like 5

I've successfully logged back in but in Safari the MFA stuff doesn't appear to work. In fact, I switched to Chrome and successfully enabled MFA but when I go back to Safari it doesn't even seem aware that MFA has been enabled. The status still says disabled.

I should specify, when I say it doesn't work I go to enable it, add it to my Bitwarden, try and put in the code but the final "Enable MFA" button doesn't do anything when it's clicked.

I see several errors in the console, most notably "code mismatch" no matter how many times I put in a code.

Edited by Taddeusz
14 minutes ago, zspearmint said:

@kaiguy we just tested scanning with Bitwarden app and it worked for us.

That said, we found some small issues with the MFA page. Potential fixes for that page are currently deploying and should be out in a few minutes.

I have tested it also with Bitwarden (Vaultwarden) and it doeasn't work to scan the QR-Code.
My Solution was to Scan the QR-Code with Apple Shortcuts and copy the TOTP Code from the provided Link.

After that it's working like a charm!

1 minute ago, MVLP said:

I have tested it also with Bitwarden (Vaultwarden) and it doeasn't work to scan the QR-Code.
My Solution was to Scan the QR-Code with Apple Shortcuts and copy the TOTP Code from the provided Link.

After that it's working like a charm!

Sorry for the run around on getting the QR code scanned. Glad you're sorted though!