Unraid.net Account Upgrades

SpencerJ

23 minutes ago, DrPeril said:

Ugh... 20 minutes of fighting logins and pw reset nonsense and I finally got in. Now, I can't set up 2FA - how long do we expect it to sit at "Enabling MFA"? I seems stuck, but won't give an error, progress, and refreshing the page just puts me back into a holding patter. Seems like others are having trouble with MFA 'sticking' once set up, anyone got a tip on how to get this entirely frustrating "improvement" moving forward? 

Hi! Do you mind giving Firefox / Chrome a shot if you're using Safari? We've been having some slightly odd behavior on Safari (which I personally use)

10 minutes ago, elibosley said:

Hi! Do you mind giving Firefox / Chrome a shot if you're using Safari? We've been having some slightly odd behavior on Safari (which I personally use)

Hi, good morning!

Yep, using Brave (with shields disabled) was about to try Edge (ugh), but I'll give FF a go. Thanks! 

Update:

Welp, that didn't work. Still just spins. 

Edited by DrPeril

FWIW: I have never in my online experience spanning decades, seen the following: signed in as an authorized user (password, username (email)) having provided credentials. Do your thing - scroll through the blog, web-pages in the domain, etc. LOG-OFF SUCCESSFULLY - the screen even said so. Close the browser, re-open the browser, go to the web-page requiring some sort of sign-in ----- and, drum rollllllll --- you are STILL LOGGED IN! I'm sorry not even a 256 character password is going to work in that scenario.

Looks like help is needed in a flawed rollout, even if it is to "a small percentage of our user base."

12 hours ago, xlelx said:

As the documentation pointed out that this was also for the My Servers plugin I signed out of it on my Unraid server and now cannot sign back in.  Have tried email address as preferred in the new method and my username as was done before.  I have also submitted this case through the support form via the plugin.

Uninstalled/Reinstalled as directed by support and others here and it worked like a charm.  Issue resolved!

• Like 1

This was frustrating.  Didn't notice it in the newletter, didn't see any posts even on reddit...

No warning that if you have capitals in your email address, (like I usually type it out) then logging in probably won't work.  At least didn't for me.  I changed to all lowercase letters with my email after a password reset, auto generated by chrome, and it finally let me in.  

Hopefully others find this useful.   Or unRaid can add a "tolower" in their code.

FYI, more prominent "Contact Us" would have been helpful, even just an email address.

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, hugenbdd said:

No warning that if you have capitals in your email address, (like I usually type it out) then logging in probably won't work

Would you kindly try it again? Please take note of whether you have any ad blockers or such running against the sso.unraid.net domain while signing in. We recently added code on the login page that forces your email to lowercase, but your browser could potentially be blocking it. If so, I'd recommend adding *.unraid.net to your no block list.

I use safari on iPad only with authy app and for me to get this to work I had to do the following:

my old password was strong enough to pass the new checks, so didn’t have to change it and it logged me straight in after the conversion.

when I went to enable MFA it would hang when I put the code from authy on the webpage. In safari options I had to disable pop-up blocker.

using the my servers app already installed on my machine, I signed out and then attempted to sign back in. It would take me to a new webpage and would tell me that my username/password was incorrect. I uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin and it worked first time.

this has been a very clumsy implementation and for those that aren’t tech savvy will cause issues.

• Upvote 1

Migration went smooth for me so far! I really like the new account page and having a direct link to the OTP Auth url, instead of having to decode the QR code manually, is really awesome, thanks!

Just a minor remark (it's more of convenience thing): When generating the OTP Auth URL (and the respective QR code), IMO the label shouldn't include the Amazon Cognito user id, but rather the account name. So instead of:

otpauth://totp/AWSCognito:UUID?secret=BLABLABLA&issuer=Unraid

The URL with the (URL encoded) account name could look like this:

otpauth://totp/jonpetersathan?secret=BLABLABLA&issuer=Unraid

Or if you want to include the issuer prefix in the label:

otpauth://totp/Unraid:jonpetersathan?secret=BLABLABLA&issuer=Unraid

I think this Is a bit more convenient and user-friendly when importing into other apps/services. But that's just my humble opinion...

Edited by jonpetersathan
  • Upvote 2

When going through this account migration it reminded me that Unraid still has a very old (and no longer active) email address.

I've successfully migrated using that old email address but when I attempt to change the email address I get the message that the email address was changed successfully, but then on logout and login I notice that it will only accept the old email address (which has reverted in the account settings).

I've attached a screen recording. Any ideas?

Edited by akawoz
  • Upvote 3

Migrated to the new authentication and spotted two minor missues, though it'd share incase it effects others etc:

1)  My accounts profile picture has dissappeard from the 'my servers' plugin:

254211584_Screenshot2023-03-05at20_17_11.png.937f92c8145c1f63e89b36020a576d68.png

2)  My accounts now showing as having two servers with the same name?85400008_Screenshot2023-03-05at20_18_46.png.72b9dd1a4323409df3cbfc2b84500163.png

1 hour ago, 1471 said:

1)  My accounts profile picture has dissappeard from the 'my servers' plugin:

We haven't migrated the profile images to the new system yet.

1 hour ago, 1471 said:

2)  My accounts now showing as having two servers with the same name?

The server name is shown first, followed by the description. Navigate to Settings -> Identification to adjust.

1 hour ago, wgstarks said:

I was never able to enable 2fa with safari. It just stuck on "Enabling MFA". After making sure popups were enabled and several tries I just switched to Firefox. No issues there.

I think there’s something in the JavaScript that’s incompatible with Safari. In the console I was seeing code mismatch errors. Disappointing that there’s no user feedback to indicate an error let alone any indicator that anything at all actually happened. Hopefully there will be some follow up update that will provide user feedback and wider browser compatibility.

11 hours ago, ljm42 said:

We haven't migrated the profile images to the new system yet.

The server name is shown first, followed by the description. Navigate to Settings -> Identification to adjust.

Ok, thanks for the update / info.

Can not log in either with FF or Safari.

Do not receive a reply with code to reset password.

Also tried Forgot Password with no result.

Had to make a new account. I'm so tired of fighting tech at the moment.

Nothing is as it should be. Can't even use my email, I get email in use by another member.

1 hour ago, Russ Uno New said:

Can not log in either with FF or Safari.

Do not receive a reply with code to reset password.

Also tried Forgot Password with no result.

Had to make a new account. I'm so tired of fighting tech at the moment.

Nothing is as it should be. Can't even use my email, I get email in use by another member.

Sorry for the frustration.

Do you have an ad blocker? If so, be sure to add *.unraid.net to your no block list (aka whitelist). The issue is that your email address needs to be entered in all lowercase. We have code that forces your input to lowercase but really strict ad blockers can prevent that code from running.

My email address historically uses a capital letter - the new sign in system could not parse the capital letter, and would just show me a "Wrong email/pass" error.

I tried to reset my password, and it would send an email that I would then not get, presumably because it wasn't able to send it to an email with uppercase letters? 

I only saw that capital letters werent allowed when making a new account with the same address (to check if my account had been deleted) where it then prompted me to make the email lowercase. 

Then asking for a password reset yielded an immediate email.

I have never had this be a problem on any website, and I wish it was laid out a little clearer that capitals wouldn't be accepted - would have saved me a little time.

2 hours ago, ljm42 said:

Sorry for the frustration.

Do you have an ad blocker? If so, be sure to add *.unraid.net to your no block list (aka whitelist). The issue is that your email address needs to be entered in all lowercase. We have code that forces your input to lowercase but really strict ad blockers can prevent that code from running.

Not in Safari or on my iPad... Still not working but finally got a verification code to reset password 2hrs later, way too long since that window has closed. The account is still messed up and can't access it. I have spent far too long dealing with this. life is short and I don't need to waste this kind of time.

Please add the OTP Secret (or whatever the correct name is) with the QR code in clear text. I'm on my pc, using the bitwarden browser extension and can't use the URL because i don't have any application associated with this kind of URL.

Just a convience thing but i have used it from multiple websites like this image.png.186a4b9ba86b092920203f9a1af863cf.png

Thank you kindly

7 minutes ago, xxlbug said:

Please add the OTP Secret (or whatever the correct name is) with the QR code in clear text. I'm on my pc, using the bitwarden browser extension and can't use the URL because i don't have any application associated with this kind of URL.

Just a convience thing but i have used it from multiple websites like this image.png.186a4b9ba86b092920203f9a1af863cf.png

Thank you kindly

There's a link to copy the URL. You can insert that URL into the TOTP field when you're editing your unraid.net login information.

5 hours ago, maxistviews said:

I have never had this be a problem on any website, and I wish it was laid out a little clearer that capitals wouldn't be accepted - would have saved me a little time.

Sorry for the trouble. I'm guessing your browser has an ad blocker with some fairly extreme settings, this prevented our code that changed the email to lowercase from running.

We have since deployed an update that should not be blocked by ad blockers. The next time you sign in you should not be able to enter capital letters in your email address.

• Like 1

For me, I run 2 servers, one of them says connected in Management Access but not in the My Servers site, the other one wasn't connected either after this update. I tried resetting my password, disabling MFA and try to connect it. In the end, I received an error saying:

Error: {"message":"Request failed with status code 406","data":{"error":"GUID already registered to another email (not matching [email protected])"}}

Doesn't make any sense to me, because they were both connected just fine before this update with my account.