FCP: "Invalid folder addons contained within /mnt"

Fix common problems has reported that "Invalid folder addons contained within /mnt".

This is an old machine that was just restarted after being out of service for > 1 year. I'm pretty sure that it was on 6.x when last booted, but that's as detailed as I can get.

In my backup server, I've got /mnt/addons, but do not have an "addons" directory on my main server that's been running and kept up to date quite regularly. Is this the invalid directory that it's reporting?

backup-diagnostics-20230303-1925.zip

Just had this error in FCP as well.

I went googling for answers and found this thread. Ignored for now. Thanks for posting about it, I just recently updated to 6.11.5. from 6.9.2 and was worried it was somehow related. Was happy to see this thread was only 6 hours old. 

12 hours ago, dlandon said:

An update to UD created that folder.  FCP is detecting it now.  Update FCP.

That might just make sense. I just took a look at all my plugins and I'm running versions dated between 2017 and 2020. Told you this machine was just being recommissioned after a long period of inactivity.

I'll update all plugins before asking any other questions...

The new unassigned devices creates the folder and the current version of fix common problems does not have an exception listed for the new folder. Once it's updated, the error should go away. Don't think you'll be able to remove the folder unless you remove unassigned devices plugin.

• Like 1

I had the same problem. Was scratching my head because I woke up yesterday to a server that wouldn't boot due to another power blip no thanks to my lousy electric company. (A new Full Sine Wave UPS is on it's way LOL!) Just when I thought I had it all straightened up and flying right... This error pops up. Anyway I just updated FCP and all is well!