[PLUGIN] PowerShell

Greetings,

I've authored a plugin to install Microsoft PowerShell. The plugin is found here: https://github.com/x-radeon/unraid-powershell

Please note I'm not experienced with writing plugins for Unraid, so install at your own risk. I use the plugin on two of my Unraid installs to manage my BTRFS snapshots with no issues, so I know it works. If you know how to write plugins, please help improve it! :)

Steps to install:

1. On your Unraid install go to Plugins > Install Plugin
  2. For the URL, paste in https://raw.githubusercontent.com/x-radeon/unraid-powershell/main/PowerShell.plg
  3. Click Install

To use PowerShell after install, type pwsh at a terminal or call pwsh in a bash script (when using 'User Scripts" for example) like so:

#!/bin/bash

pwsh /boot/config/plugins/myscripts/script.ps1

-xRadeon

• Like 3
  • 8 months later...

When installing the plugin untars the files to this directory "/opt/microsoft/powershell/7/". The pwsh binary file is inside that directory and it's not an "exe" file, it's a native Linux binary file that's named just 'pwsh'.

As for docker, I guess what you could do is map "/opt/microsoft/powershell/7/" to some path in the container and then you should be able to call pwsh from that path. I don't know if it would work. Some dockers are very cut down so I'm not sure if pwsh will have access to everything it needs to run properly, but I'm not an expert or anything so maybe it will work just fine, idk.

Good luck!

• 3 months later...