Multiple Pools with multiple disparate drives (JBOD)

I have asked a similar question before, but now that I have a little more understanding, I will try to be more specific (but short if I can)

I currently have a clunky backup solution: 5 (3 sizes) drives in an USB enclosure passed through to a windows VM running drivepool... it works well enough, but the clunky part is I am using dirsyncpro to automate the backup/sync of my media, and it starts before the VM with the windows drivepool boots.  In addition, I then mount this windows share using unassigned devices so I can use that path in dirsync pro (there was a reason I didn't use the windows path\share but hell if I can recall that now, I set this up 2 yrs ago) Anyway, I am sure the auto-mount can be time-offset, but I never did that and it may not automount because the vm is still booting or whatever... So every time I reboot (which isn't often so I almost ALWAYS forget) I have to manually mount the share, then restart dirsyncpro in order for the automated weekly backup to happen. When I forget this, it can be awhile before I notice). Plus I wanted the ability to do this more "inside" of unraid.. 
Last time, I asked if Unassigned Devices could in some way mount multiple drives a-la a mergefs type thing... but that was a no-go. 
Also, the multiple pools were only in beta at the time, so I hadn't looked into it, and until today, I had just thought the options for multi-drive pools were raid 0 and 1 (with 5/6 being experimental/beta) but I now see JBOD is an option. 
I can move some more drives in the new meshify2 case I got, but "prefer" the idea of the usb enclosure, just because it is easily removable from the house (offsite storage or a fire) but it's currently in the same room as the meshify2, so not as easy to run out of the house with, but also not a huge deal if this can simplify my life a little.  Unraid "sees" the 5 drives in the USB enclosure, and it is occurring as I am typing that I can probably just pool them together (like I am asking if I could/should do internally).. and I know USB isn't ideal, and would never consider it in my array of for mission critical... but this is a backup of media that is on 5 drives covered by 2 parity drives... so I feel "ok" about it if it will work well enough.... not just for the portability come to think of it, that would also use ALL of my extra sata connections (actually I would have to remove 2 small SSDs I have, but am moving my cache off an ssd to nvme tomorrow, so really still 1 short) Don't really want to buy a 16port hba and replace my 8 (though it would also be gen3 pcie and I think what I have is gen2... maybe it's gen3 and my old board only supported gen2 I can't recall... and I said I would try to keep this short- I FAILED. Sorry.

As always TIA for any help/insights anyone has on how to skin this particular cat. 

-G

yeah, they generally would stay on (they do now, so....) just as they would if I move them inside. I just didn't want to blow away my ntfs drivepool on a whim... figured I would talki about it public a bit first... 
ALSO, on the hardware that I just moved my unriad from (a dell t7500, 2x xeon x5680 w/72gb ecc ddr3) I was considering playing with Truenas Scale... but honestly I have an raspi3 or an old notebook (built in ups :) ) I could through OMV on also... but doing it in the main box just seems like a "fun" way to go... 
I am still gonna mess with Truenas and other stuff bare metal on the dell, so ideally I will be just using some smaller drives in there to tinker with.. I have a 2nd 5bay with smalller drives... the "backup" one totals 30tb the other one only 11-12tb...
Thanks again @JorgeB, you just helped me on my cache drive issue yesterday (working fine after moving to new cache drive (the other drive is likely fine, just corrupted from my memory being oc'd initially, I maybe should pre-clear it before using it elsewhere) 
-g