Docker containers using br0 not listed on Eero's list of connected hosts?

Go to solution Solved by rvs007,

New to setting up unraid (still in the process) but I've noticed something which I am finding odd.  Just want to confirm if this is as it should be or not.

From experience in setting up VMs on a Windows server where the VM is set up on bridged mode, the VM would show up on my Eero list of connected hosts with an unique IP address assigned by Eero.

I've set up a couple of docker containers in Unraid and a few of them I've set up to use br0, which I understand is bridge mode.  But I've noticed the host does not show up on Eero's list of connected devices.  I'm still able to access the host using the assigned IP address (or one that I've hardcoded into the configuration), but the host doesn't show up or is seen by the Eero router.  

Is this normal behavior or am I missing something?

• Solution
On 3/10/2023 at 2:19 AM, Vr2Io said:

This normal if use ipvlan mode, all docker will use same mac address.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  So instead of ipvlan, I switched to macvlan and now it's behaving as expected and the hosts are showing up on my router's connected devices list.

4 hours ago, JonathanM said:

There is a fair chance you will start to experience crashes when using macvlan. The default setting was switched to ipvlan to avoid the crashes that many experience on macvlan.

Hopefully you will get lucky and it will work for you.

Thanks for the info. I will keep that in mind and switch back if I still getting crashes.