new auth with 2FA - account locked false positive, possible interference with tapatalk?

Hi Folks,

After the recent change in authentication policy, when I return to the Forum with the same Browser, that has been previously authenticated with, the login would simply not happen.

Trying to re-login properly, including 2FA, would result in a "your account has been locked - try again in 1min" message.

After waiting 5mins or so, reopening the browser will result in a proper login state, without the need to re-login/auth again.

So this is kind of a false positive, isn't it?

This now did happen to me twice during the last week....all I can think of, what might be interfering, is that this only happened when I was using tapatalk (even possibly from the same IP (ISP, with NAT - using Phone with tapatal first in WLAN, then moving on to the PC) shortly beforehand.

With the recent change in auth policy, do I have to change/re-new the auth-link with/from within tapatalk, maybe?

Tapatalk used to work without intervention, even after the change in auth policy, so far...but this behaviour above implies that something is wrong with that.

regards,

Ford

On 3/12/2023 at 8:46 AM, Ford Prefect said:

With the recent change in auth policy, do I have to change/re-new the auth-link with/from within tapatalk,

After the recent change in forum authentication and setting a new password, I can also no longer log into the Unraid forums via Tapatalk.  I thought maybe it was because of 2FA so I turned that off temporarily and it made no difference.

Every attempt to login to forums via Tapatalk results in a "Login In Failed" message.  I even logged out and logged back in via unraid.net to make sure I am using the right password.  I am.

33 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

I can also no longer log into the Unraid forums via Tapatalk.

My problem is/was different...Auth with tapatalk is working fine (but I did not reset my pwd after the latest auth policy change, just added 2FA).

It is, only after I used tapatalk, previousy existing, authenticated sessions in a browser on another device/client would respond with "account locked", which is a false positive.

Havn't seen this during the last week, although I did use tapatalk sometimes...maybe a glitch or solved silently.

• 4 weeks later...

@SpencerJ any news on that topic, regarding tapatalk integration?

Actually the problem from above did not happen again for a while, but after an update of the tapatalk App (Androd) today, I cannot login (Forum User Name and Password) anymore.

However, accessing the forum anonymously from the App is working, still.

Also no problem using a PC / Browser after the false login attempts via tapatalk....maybe this is another problem altogether?

• 2 months later...