Boot loop, please help

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hello, I'd like some help with my server, it was working smoothly for a year. Yesterday, I cleaned it (just removed dust) and now it boot loops on the unraid startup/selection screen. Even the debug lights show that it boots up fine.

I'm using a Ryzen 5 3600, TUF X570 Plus Wifi, with BIOS ver 1405 while the latest is 4408. I doubt that I'd need to update my BIOS ver since all parts have been compatible since I them bought in 2020.

I've tried the following:

• cleared CMOS several times
  • reenabled several BIOS settings (CSM, SVM, fan curves, disabled fast boot)
    • tried UEFI and Legacy individually and both at once
  • checked the USB drive and it's fine, files match my last backup
    • also ran chkdsk on Win10, no corruption
  • memtest86, passed and 0 errors, 4/4 passes (dedicated memtest not the one built-in with the unraid usb)
  • flashed a new unraid usb (still doesn't work)
  • renamed "EFI-" to "EFI" in both usb drives
    • it immediately restarts if boots in Legacy mode, I'm assuming this to be normal since the folder name is "EFI"
    • If I press any arrow key or tab, it doesn't restart immediately but still will after I select one, regardless of whichever option I choose, even memtest

Its stable when I stay in the BIOS, but after that, the fans ramp up and slow down immediately, and it restarts.

In cases where I was able to select an option, it also took a while for it to finish loading bzroot (and bzroot-gui), then a few of the usual startup console messages pop up then it restarts.

Here's a (relatively clear) video of it: https://imgur.com/a/QPQFMHj

Can anyone tell me what's wrong? Did I miss something? I'm stumped

Thanks 🙂