Docker Service Not Enabled - Only Plugins Available To Be Installed Or Managed

Go to solution Solved by stephan288,

Hello.

I am new to Unraid, actually my first day. I installed it (Test version) following a Youtube guide. I have 4 x 4GB NAS drives. After cleaning the disks I created an array and wanted to install PLEX and some other Apps, but it says:  Docker Service Not Enabled - Only Plugins Available To Be Installed Or Managed.

And under the docker tab it says: Docker Service failed to start.

Can somebody help me and tell me how to fix this. 

Thank you in advance.

docker.jpg

37 minutes ago, stephan288 said:

As a matter of fact: I did not install anything yet. Can I do a clean new install with the bootstick that I have created. That might solve the problem. Can I just restart (reinstall) with defaults?

Yes.  BUT make a complete copy of the flash drive before you do that.   Your Trial license (S/B in the  /config   folder/directory) will be needed after you rebuild the flash drive.  I believe that file has a  .key  extension. 

Thank you for the reply. I disassembled the array and created a new one. Then it took like 6 hours to prepare the parity disk.

Could you please tell me how to create those directories? Do I need SSH or can I do it directly in Unraid? So sorry for those noob questions, but appreciate the help.

Here is a link to the getting started portion of the manual.  Take a few minutes and go through this section. 

https://wiki.unraid.net/Articles/Getting_Started

Make sure you look at this section:

https://wiki.unraid.net/Articles/Getting_Started#Starting_the_Array_and_Formatting_Your_Devices

In the lower right hand corner of the GUI, you will find a link to the Manual/documentation.  But here is the link to it:

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual

6 minutes ago, stephan288 said:

By the way: I also have a 240GB SSD. Should I assign something to that? I thought it might be for cache. I mainly want a Plex or Jellyfin server. And maybe backups for some data. No more.

I would assign it as the cache drive and put the Docker files (  appdata Share ) and image file on that device.  It will improve performance.  Read here for that:

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Shares#Use_Cache_.28and_Mover_Behavior_with_User_Shares.29

Don't be on such a hurry to get Apps and things like Plex installed.   Get the server working, go through the manual, and give yourself some time to get up to speed on using a server, setting up Shares, setting up users and permissions, gaining access to the server,  and how to do what you want to do with it.  (Otherwise, you will be starting over every couple of a days...) 

There is also a built-in help system for most settings that you can toggle off-and-on using the    image.png.dc9f6a63c24ae0a688855c7df57f1bb7.png     icon on the right side of the Toolbar. 

The Error shown on the Parity drive is the result of a single  UDMA_CRC_Error.  This is a non issue.  On the DASHBOARD tab, click on that 'thumbs-down' icon (Can't remember if it is left or right click) and tell it to ignore the error.  

The screen capture is of DASHBOARD tab not the requested MAIN tab.  

49 minutes ago, stephan288 said:

Ok. Thanks Frank. No way to do this without a new reinstall?

On the SETTINGS   >>>   DOCKER  

Change the    "Enable Docker:"     from 'Yes'  to 'NO'  Click on APPLY and then DONE.   You need to do some server setup before you can start install any Docker.  You need to set up Shares.  You need to consider setting up Share users.  You need to do some research as to what directories, files, and (possibly) databases that PLEX will be expecting to find on your Unraid host.  You will have to have the Unraid path information to those resources so you can map/mount those host locations onto the PLEX Docker file system.