Latest P20 firmware for 9201-16e?

I have 2 of these cards in my server in the hope of using them to connect to another 24bay chassis as a JBOD. I'm having some difficulty with them atm. None of the drives appeared for me in testing. Both are in IT mode and I just updated 1 of the cards from an old P9 FW to the latest P20 firmware that I found. This resulted in me being able to see some drives but not all. While making the FW updates I noticed that my newly updated card is on FW 20.00.07.00... the most recent I could find... while the other card has the FW 20.00.11.00. These cards were bought on ebay from China. Is it possible that this FW is not official FW and is causing issues? Attached listall

msedge_zjtJBGKFG9.png

39 minutes ago, tazire said:

Is it possible that this FW is not official FW and is causing issues?

It's possible, latest firmware is 20.00.07.00, it's also possible that the controller itself is not genuine, you can contact Broadcom with the serial numbers to confirm.

On 3/15/2023 at 4:18 PM, JorgeB said:

It's possible, latest firmware is 20.00.07.00, it's also possible that the controller itself is not genuine, you can contact Broadcom with the serial numbers to confirm.

Ok I have had a proper chance to get the testing done on all aspects of the install. Looking like the original 8088 cables I had were dodgy AF.... They seem to either have been bent far too severely in packing/shipping or they have less connections than a normal cable. As I could get 1 or 2 drives on a fully populated 4 drive sas backplane. New cables has fixed my issues completely..... well with 1 of the 9201-16e cards anyway. The one I highlighted above is still giving me issues. I have just tried to reflash the FW and BIOS... in the hope that if the original FW was dodgy that the BIOS was too. I might be left to lick my wounds on that card but 1 card will be more than enough for now. Thanks for your help Jorge

On 3/15/2023 at 4:18 PM, JorgeB said:

Sorry to annoy you... but is it possible that an incorrect SAS address would cause the issues I'm seeing with the 2nd card? It just dawned on me that considering the weird FW version it arrived with that the SAS address might have been inputted incorrectly. I've taken the card out of my server atm and i never thought to check it prior to removing it.