Where do you save download stuff?

I'm not sure what you are trying to do but.....

On Windows any downloaded files I save to the local PC first and then rename/edit/do what you want with it and then transfer over to the array afterwards if I want to keep the file or share over the network.

Josh

I'm not sure what you are trying to do but.....

On Windows any downloaded files I save to the local PC first and then rename/edit/do what you want with it and then transfer over to the array afterwards if I want to keep the file or share over the network.

Josh

I am trying to organise how to deal with downloading files and which path it should go to.

When I use Sabnzbd, it save into cache drive into sabnzbd folder.. Then I move those files to array manually.

I think with Firefox, I will download into local hard disk PC

Did originally have everything dumped to the unraid tower , but changed it slightly

I have 60gb SSD drive,running windows 7,

My docs /my pics/downloads/music /videos all point to the unraid

Though had a spare 250Gb hd , so now downloads and temp files to go it, rest goes to the unraid tower.

by default you cant redirect docs/videos/music/pictures to a network location unless they are indexed (offline) to get around this i used  a brilliant app called "Win7 Library Tool v1.09"

This sets its up and it works.

I have an older 300 GB HDD that I download everything to.  There I rename, delete extranous files, add nfo files and artwork via Ember Media Manager, make sure subs are included and working, then transfer to unraid server.  I do use sabnzbd, but not couch or sickbeard. 

Archived