Random: "This Disk is Write-Protected"

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

@JorgeB This is probably a stupid question but does this mean that I type in "--check" in to the blank and then push the "Check" button?

https://wiki.unraid.net/Check_Disk_Filesystems#Checking_and_fixing_drives_in_the_webGui

"If the file system is ReiserFS, then the options box will be blank initially, which implies the --check option. Always begin a ReiserFS drive test session with the --check option!"

Thanks, @JorgeB.  Just before all of this took place, I had uploaded a lot of data to the server that may have been placed in Disk2.  I did not have a chance to backup any of that new data before this issue happened.  Will --rebuild-tree put that data at risk?  Would I be able to restart the array beforehand to backup that new data first?

I really appreciate all of your help and your patience with my questions.

3 hours ago, rockbox948 said:

Thanks.  I'm copying the data now.

If I do the --rebuild-tree and then swap the drive with a new one, will I get a chance to change the filesystem or will the parity rebuild also include the old reiser filesystem?

A rebuild always puts back the original file system.