Unraid loosing internet connection / Interface Ethernet Port 2 is down. Check cable!

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

hi,

Since I installed Unraid, I have regular network connection issues. with the basic message "Interface Ethernet Port x is down. Check cable!" Thus Unraid and unraid Docker can not access internet. I have rebooted, Unraid and my router yet same error.

I'm lost and I have literally no expertise in network. thus thanks for your support. here are some details 

A) Unraid server description = only used to run Plex and Deluge

Unraid 6.11.5

Server is Dell R720 dual processor and 128gib Ram

4 x 1gb network port (eth1, eth2, eth3 and eth4)

4 x HD 10tb Western Digital red pro (1 parity + 3 hd)

2 x SSD Samsung in pool for my Plex config and metadata only.

Eth1 = Eth0 in unraid config set to static IP 192.168.1.201

Unraid Eth 1,2 and 3 unplugged and not configured (port down)

B) Symptoms

Unraid boot nicely and WEB UI from my Mac (connected on the same router) runs perfect. I can access Unraid web interfacce non problem

however Unraid seem not be able to connect to internet

-when selecting Unraid Apps tab, system await and generate error. Can't access internet.... Thus not connected.

-Plex Docker starts ok and from my Mac (connected via router) I can access Plex web UI and listen to music, video, etc

-I can not connect to Plex server from other devices (TV, mobile, etc)

-Deluge can not connect and web ui not showing

I had this situation already once and by try and error with the network setting It came back to work. Today, I have again tried to change network config (from static to DHCP, reboot unraid, reboot router, plug unplug cables, change cables,...) no luck still same,

Thanks for your assistance, I'm sur this is a bad setup from my side and be happy to learn from this.

Thibaut

Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 18.32.50.png

unrai thib001.zip

Thanks for the info,

I have stopped all Ethernet 1,2 and 3 and set Eth 0 to static IP and static DNS. Reboot and now it seems to be working ok. 

and I can access the APPS and I can reconnect to Plex from mobile ad TV. Thus WORKS

Yet, it still displays Interface Ethernet Port 1 is down. Check cable! yet

Mystery to me, Anyone knows where I can find literature to understand better Unraid networking / Bridge/ Host..etc

Thibaut