[SOLVED] 6.11.5 Networking stopped working

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi folks,

As it says, my networking is completely non-functional. I'm at a loss. I have tried (all running in safe mode):

• Resetting the network configuration (deleting the config and rebooting, both network.cfg and network-routes.cfg when it was present) - multiple times
  • Changing the ethernet cable
  • Changing the port on the router
  • Put in a known good NIC and disabled the onboard LAN
  • Using only ipv4, both default config, deliberately configured automatic IP, and static IP, with and without bonding and bridging in all cases (don't actually use bonding but it was configured by default)

I am honestly at a loss. The lights indicate the NIC is functional, but it never acquires an IP address and static IPs don't work - there is no LED activity while it's set to static, only when it's attempting to get an IP address and on boot. The onboard LAN was similar, except it was red/orange.

Router indicates the cable is connected, but the device is never added to the network.

This all started the morning after I had several concurrent rsyncs running. But with everything being okay router-side and the new hardware in the unraid machine itself, I can't see a reason for this to be happening.

Should I just reinstall unraid from scratch?

Diagnostics attached. It is unraid 6.11.5.

imhotep-diagnostics-20230321-1307.zip

Edited by DamirDM
Marked solved - not an unraid issue
  • DamirDM changed the title to [SOLVED] 6.11.5 Networking stopped working

Just updating this for thoroughness. It appears both the onboard LAN port and the new ethernet cable were faulty. Either the new cable was faulty out of the box, or connecting it to the bad port ruined it; another new cable plugged directly into the discrete NIC worked just fine with the existing unraid install.

That was a journey. Thanks again!

• Like 1