14tb WD Gold HDD not being detected in Dell R510 with LSI 9211-8i

I understand this is not a dell server related forum, but I hope someone here can help me diagnose and fix this issue.

TLDR: WD 14TB gold HDDs not being detected in slots 0 to 7 in dell R510 with 9201/9211-8i cards in IT mode. Other HDDs upto 10tb are working in all slots.

14tb are showing in internal slots 12 and 13 but can't fix them inside.

Detailed post:

I have 2 Dell R510 servers, recently received as donation, each having 8 front slots for HDD and 2 internal HDD slots.

We wanted to use TrueNas, hence replaced the PERC raid card with 9201 and 9211 cards, as were available.

Front HDD Slots are numbered from 0 to 7 and internal slots are 12 and 13

The systems are working fine and all HDD slots are working as well, tested with various HDDs, from 500gb to 2tb for testing and 2x new western digital gold 10tb for actual storage needs.

We have 2 more HDDs Western Digital Gold but they are not being detected in front bays.

We have updated firmware on the 9201-8i and 9211-8i cards to 20.00.07.00-IT, still 14tb HDDs not being detected.

Lastly, while testing, we connected 2x 14tb HDDs to internal ports 12 and 13 and also 2x 10tb HDDs connected to ports 0 and 1 and all 4 are detected in the 9211-8i controller. But we cant fix the 14tb HDDs inside as there is space for small SSD inside at slots.

Any help with this is appreciated. Thanks in advance

OlSKyAg.jpeg

9201-8i HBA Controller for HDDs

R9umVKc.jpeg

2x 14TB WD Gold HDDs connected to ports 12 and 13

2kG3mLt.jpeg

4 HDDs detected in 9211/10-8i Card, 2 in slots 0 and 1 (front) and 2 connected to 12 and 13 temporarily

Slots 0 to 7 are the front HDD Bays, 12 and 13 are internal HDD slots

the front slots which are connected via backplane and the HBA card 9211 to the motherboard are all working and I have tested them with 10TB HDDs - the front ones are NOT detecting 14TB HDD

while the internal 12 and 13 SSD Slots are showing the 14TB HDDs in the same 9211 HBA Card.

The firmware of HBA and BIOS are both updated.