WebUI doesn't fully load sometimes

Go to solution Solved by Squid,

I attached a screen shot. My server was on 24/7 except for restarts and updates for a few years and then I moved somewhere with expensive power and only turned it on every once in a while. I just started leaving it on 24/7 again recently and have noticed that the GUI gets stuck as shown in the screenshot fairly often. It'll sit like this for 5 or 10 minutes or longer, I haven't timed it but it's much longer than normal. Sometimes I'll stop & start the array and it'll work normally for a while, maybe less than an hour before it happens again.

Does anyone have ideas for what might be causing this or how to fix? Let me know if there's any additional info I can provide.

Screenshot 2023-03-21 142657.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have the same issue and have had it on 6.11 and now 6.12. I have found loading unraid in an incognito window (chrome and brave browser, not sure about other browsers) solves it and the GUI loads fully. However I have no idea what the cause is. Also, a while (as in, an hour or so) later it happens again, in the incognito mode window. Opening a different incognito window solves it again, for a while. It looks exactly the same as in your screenshot and in my case it appears (though I am not certain) to happen more often when the server is under load. Also, like Gabriel_B mentions, my syslog window also doesn't populate when those parts of the GUI aren't populating

Edited by BlueBull
  • 4 weeks later...

Update: had time to troubleshoot a bit this morning and manually installed libffi from the Ubuntu deb package by extracting it on a different machine. Ran diagnostics and the zip file is attached. I have not yet rebooted the machine but that's on my list today (probably late today). Let me know if you need anything else from this machine before I do it.

zbox-diagnostics-20230813-0656.zip

6 hours ago, nerbonne said:

Says solved but don't see a solution.  What browser are you using?  I had issues like this with Brave browser.  Switched to Firefox/Edge, no more issues.

Yeah I don't see a solution either. I've tried both Firefox and Chromium (on Linux) as well as Chrome on Windows... same result. This is not the first time this has occurred for me either and it seems to be a bug that's not yet fixed in the code... as it stands it happens infrequently enough that it doesn't really bother me much but is an irritation. Still, hope we can get somewhere now that we have diagnostics while it's occurring.

24 hours later the problem appears to have resolved itself? Not sure if it was because of me reinstalling libffi by hand but the GUI appears to be working perfectly now without the need for a reboot (never got to it last night and was going to do it this morning). Attached a new diagnostics file for comparison.

zbox-diagnostics-20230814-0709.zip

For the record, after reinstalling libffi everything seemed the same... refreshed, cleared cookies and so forth with no change. It just appears to be working fine this morning.

Edited by Sinister Crayon
  • 3 months later...