how do you remove a disk from the array dont wanna replace just remove

hi i googled today and did the script for unraid thats supposed to remove  a drive  from the array but it didnt work..

i moved all the files off.. created the folder  clear-me  and ran script  kept saying there files  when there wasnt

it stated format the disk while in the array.. but it doesnt tell ya how to format it while online..

then there was the alternative.. you unmount the drive   and then run the dd command... but it failed too

```root@Tardis:/# dd bs=1M if=/dev/zero of=/dev/md4 status=progress
2000323346432 bytes (2.0 TB, 1.8 TiB) copied, 14767 s, 135 MB/s
dd: error writing '/dev/md4': No space left on device
1907730+0 records in
1907729+0 records out
2000398901248 bytes (2.0 TB, 1.8 TiB) copied, 14767.8 s, 135 MB/s```

i wanna removed my 2TB drive  as i wanna use it for cctv.. but i have enough diskspace so i wanna shrink the array by the 2tb... what do i need to do that will work

i was hoping  unraid. had  it built in..  so you stop array.. you choose the drive to remove from the array.. to no device and then restart the array and it rebuilds it without it but it didnt so not sure how i down size

Edited by comet424

@ljm42well i have 27tb free well not 25tb free..  and i wanted to take out the 2TB drive as my others are all 12 and 14tb drives    but i may have to add another 12 or 14tb 

i removed disk4   the 2tb drive

well now it goes  disk 1 2 3 5 6 7   lol guess i did something wrong  i preserved it all  as i feared if i do none i loose all my data i usually add a drive  or replaced a drive never reduced a drive lol