Plex container doesn't start and has errors after appdata backup

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I'll try to keep this as brief as possible, while also providing enough detail.

Plex Container: linuxserver/plex

Involved plugins: CA Backup / Restore Appdata (v2, 2022.12.13) and Appdata Backup/Restore v2.5 (2023.01.28)

I have had my appdata backup run on Mondays at 4am for years, even with the recently deprecated plugin. It hadn't been giving me issues until recently and I had read that v2.5 was giving people errors so I stuck with the v2 until last week, but my issue still occurred with v2.5. The issue seems to only be affecting the Plex container, as all other containers backup properly and restart without issue. This obviously makes me think it's an issue with the container, but I've tried to completely re-install it and the same thing keeps happening.

The issue is that after the appdata backup, Plex does not restart, and whenever I try to start it I get greeted with "Error: Server Error" with no other information. I cannot start the container, delete the container, I can hardly do anything to it. The one thing I was able to do one time was rename it (I changed it from plex to plex2). I have tried turning the Docker service off and on, but I was unable to unmount my unassigned disk (appdata), so something was stuck. I still could not update, delete, anything. My solve was to set the container to not autostart, restart the server, and then all works as expected when I start it up manually.

Where it gets weirder is that while the container is quite obviously not running, htop is still showing Plex Transcoder as working for HOURS, with it still using the CPU.

My question is, what can I do to try to pull logs if it happens again this Monday morning, or do you have any thoughts on how to solve this?

Let me know if you need any more info or diagnostics, thanks!

Edited by ctrlaltd1337