drive unmountable but no longer being emulated, not sure what to do

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

It started when I got a notification that a disk (disk 7) had been disabled due to errors, I'm pretty sure it was right after several power outages.  Its been over a week since it happened and I'm a little fuzzy on the exact order of events now, but where am I now is the disk is unmountable and I don't believe it is being emulated any longer as the status is green/normal.  I haven't noticed any data loss, but I haven't checked everything to see if anything is missing.

I can't confidently say in what order I did things, but I did run an extended smart test which seemed to complete successfully and I have run xfs_repair -vn on the disk in both the gui and cli while in maintenance mode using the /dev/md7 (or whatever it is) and it takes a VERY long time and is unable to find a valid primary or secondary superblock.

A rebuild happened at one point.

At this point, I have a replacement drive ready, but I would also like to recover the drive if possible.  I don't really have anymore space in my chassis for another drive so I would have to physically swap the drive out to replace it.

I want to make sure I have done everything I could before giving up on it.

Apologies for not coming here sooner and, most likely, making this harder than it needs to be.

Let me know what I can/should provide to help you understand the situation.

Thank you for any help you can offer! 

Diagnostics are attached.  I never ran it without the -n flag as it never seemed to think it would be able to repair it.  I can run xfs_repair again, but it takes a long time (5+ hours, maybe closer to 10) and its says something along the lines of:

bad magic number
no primary superblock

looking for secondary superblock

.... ( dots continue for hours)

unable to find secondary superblock

exiting

please confirm if you would like me to rerun xfs_repair

thank you!

tower-diagnostics-20230326-1154.zip