Wipe Hard Drive for RMA in the Array without affecting the parity drive??

Hey guys, 

I have an array with just two hard drives. Those two being Seagate Exos X16 SAS HDDs. The thing is that one of them has a nice red cross next to it and it says that it's contents are emulated. The parity drive is still keeping it going (thank goodness). But as that's the only drive in the server that's working, it's not safe for me to keep it running.

I have requested an RMA from Seagate which looks pretty straightforward, but here's the problem: I don't have an external SAS adapter to just remove the drive and wipe the contents (I need to wipe the drive before I send it in as there's A LOT of data on there), so I have to wipe it from within the server to get it ready for the RMA. I just don't know how to do it. I. have this script to wipe the HDDs, but it requires the whole HDD to be empty from the get-go, so any help to wipe a full HDD from within the array would be much appreciated. 

Cheers! 

=== START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION ===
SMART Health Status: DATA CHANNEL IMPENDING FAILURE DATA ERROR RATE TOO HIGH [asc=5d, ascq=32]

Yeah, that disk should be replaced, if you want to try and wipe it you can with the preclear plugin, first unassigned the disk, then start array, then you can use preclear on it.

13 hours ago, JorgeB said:
=== START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION ===
SMART Health Status: DATA CHANNEL IMPENDING FAILURE DATA ERROR RATE TOO HIGH [asc=5d, ascq=32]

Yeah, that disk should be replaced, if you want to try and wipe it you can with the preclear plugin, first unassigned the disk, then start array, then you can use preclear on it.

Hey, do you mean the pre-clear plugin or the docker app? I found two packages and am unsure which you mean...