Docker containers not listing alphabetically

1 hour ago, ctrlaltd1337 said:

I've noticed the last few months that new containers get put to the top of the list.

Containers are started in the order in which they appear in the Docker tab.  There is no way to automatically sort them alphabetically (AFAIK) but you can manually reposition them in any order you want by grabbing the up/down arrow on the right of each container and dragging it to where you want it in the list.  Just remember, they will be started in the top to bottom order.

image.png.640ba72fdb116e206c983fe3327f438d.png

Edited by Hoopster
  • 1 month later...

Hate to bring up an old thread but this is the newest one I have found that is relevant. 

I have two UNRAID servers, one running 6.12.0-RC5 and one running 6.11.5.

My 6.11.5 server has the sort arrows but my 6.12.0-RC5 does not, is there something I need to do to enable this? It seems 6.12.0-rc5 sorts alphabetically and doesn't seem to let me order this. 

image.thumb.png.db49abc2ca8eb1fbbbd99660e9ecb4e5.png

6.12.0-rc5

image.thumb.png.461d3773921013e913050b2a73d93104.png

Edited by crashxp
  • 2 months later...
On 7/22/2023 at 12:03 PM, itimpi said:

Have you clicked the icon near the top right to unlock the position so they can be moved?

This is SO not intuitive.  I'm sure someone somewhere needed a way to lock the sort order, but holy smokes.  It just took me 15 minutes (had to wade through a bunch of reddit useless results) and Google to find this thread and figure it out.  I'd suggest that be more prominent or somehow be made more intuitive.

• 2 months later...
On 7/29/2023 at 12:25 PM, rwarren873 said:

This is SO not intuitive.  I'm sure someone somewhere needed a way to lock the sort order, but holy smokes.  It just took me 15 minutes (had to wade through a bunch of reddit useless results) and Google to find this thread and figure it out.  I'd suggest that be more prominent or somehow be made more intuitive.

My second time visiting this thread because I can't remember where this stupid icon is... Seems like it should be below the system stuff at the top.