Drive recommendations for Cache drivers and appdata drives

Hello,

My server had no hardware problems for nearly 5 years till last week when there was some CRC errors etc. I was planning on upgrading my aging SSD's anyhow so just trying to work out the best combination?

My motherboard is a Gigabyte 10th Gen (forgot the model) with 2 x M.2, 6 SATA Ports and a couple of PCIe slots.

At the moment Im using both M.2 (250gb and 500gb), one for my appdata and the other a Windows VM. Cache is split between two old 500gb drives with 500gb total free. My Array runs off a PCIe SAS to backplane so all 8 x 8TB WD REDs are going to the SAS controller with no problems. I can add 8 more drives if I want at a latter date as the SAS Controller has 4 ports so one for each 4 drive backplane.

I was thinking of getting two matching 1gb SSD's for the Cache and also upgrading the M.2's from 250gb to 1TB each.

I have a lose 970 EVO NVMe M.2 this hardly used so was thinking of getting a second one but I dont now what to do about the Cache, is it worth getting a M.2 PCIe card?