Not able to connect VM to internet.

Hey there,

I made a VM on a shared server. The default OS from the boot device on the Unraid account is Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. I received an IP address, gateway and subnet mask from my IT department. I changed the netplan file to set the IP address for the VM, but I am not able to connect to internet. I checked my firewall and it is inactive. Maybe the network settings are not set up correctly. Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

Unraid.png

Edited by chil7
16 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Ok, I'll move it back, the network settings you show are for Unraid, I assume Unraid has network access, just not the Ubuntu VM?

Ok sounds good. 

Yes, Unraid has network access, but the Ubuntu VM does not have internet access.

image.thumb.png.6ee7142c712208d8b1af479f4441ef6e.png

I can ping to the Unraid server at 131.252.223.178. But I cannot ping the gateway (131.252.223.177).

Looking at the routing, it shows it goes from my IP (131.252.223.182) to the bridge (br0) at 131.252.223.176/29 

Am I supposed to configure br0 in my VM?

I think the main problem was that I did not install the qemu guest agent. So I ran the command to install it on my VM and now my VM shows the interfaces, where it said "Guest agent not installed" before.

image.thumb.png.0817aa134ea2ae2eaf280ba5b8f60df2.png

So now I can download packages but I still cannot ping out to my gateway or anywhere else. I am confused as to why I cannot ping out but can download files.

Edited by chil7
mistake