unRAID and Docker containers keep randomly losing connectivity

Go to solution Solved by EDACerton,

Hi all,
Over the last few days my server has had some serious issues. It started when I noticed my plugins and docker containers kept showing "not available" when checking for updates. I have the docker patch installed. I thought it was an issue with my adguard home so I stopped using it currently and have my router using google's DNS.

Fix Common Problems then told me unraid couldnt reach github and when pinged it had 100 percent packet loss. I changed Unraid's IPv4 DNS 1 and 2 to google's DNS and the gateway is my router. This seemed to fix it but it was only temporary as the issue keeps cropping up. When this issue happens I can still access shares over the network and the web gui but none of my docker containers really work as expected. Plex kinda works but starts using insecure connections, and all my websites and reverse proxied services stop working and are unreachable.

Any tips? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

yeetus-diagnostics-20230330-0214.zip

• Solution

I noticed that you have a static IP address assigned of 192.168.0.103. Do you have a static reservation for that IP set in the DHCP settings on your router too?

The issues that you're describing sound like things that can happen if another device is trying to use the same IP. That IP would also generally be in the default IP pool of most routers, so it's possible that the router handed it to another device, and now the two devices fighting each other.

16 minutes ago, kyaustad said:

Thanks for the reply. I changed my servers IP address to something within my routers reservation range and updated all services and whatnot to the correct address. We will see if that fixes it. I am hoping so. Thanks for the tip!

image.png

Did you also reserve that address for the Unraid server at the router level to stop the router trying to assign the address to a different device?    

6 hours ago, itimpi said:

Did you also reserve that address for the Unraid server at the router level to stop the router trying to assign the address to a different device?    

Yeah I did. That screenshot is the router config actually and then I have it set to static IP with the same address in Unraid's settings