A way to stream music on unraidserver through mediaplayer without tv

skank

I got an unraid server setup. (containing my music)

My mediaplayer is the dune base 3.0

And i got an android phone (samsung gio)

I'm looking for a way to browse my music collection, and let it play through my dune without turning on the tv

How do i do this.

I've been looking to the subsonic on the server, but i dont think it can play through the dune..

Been looking to kinsky too (http://oss.linn.co.uk/trac) but thats not for android.

Any ideas?

I don't have the Dune players but for Android take a look at Skifta (free i think) and Plug Player (paid for).  Provided that the Dune player can act as a UPnP renderer then one of these would allow the phone to act as the UPnP control point.  There are various UPnP server applications that would run under unRAID - I use Twonky Media Server (paid, but it comes with a free trial).

• 3 weeks later...

I use phone to select music. Very easy go to android market and search for "xbmc "... my live xbmc htpc(I have an old 320gb disk, but it can read from unraid also my music)is connect it to my receiver with hdmi... no need to open tv for music...

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

I use phone to select music. Very easy go to android market and search for "xbmc "... my live xbmc htpc(I have an old 320gb disk, but it can read from unraid also my music)is connect it to my receiver with hdmi... no need to open tv for music...

Well, mine isnt connected with receiver so not possible here

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk

Andromote appears to be some sort of upnp remote control.  Did you try that?

EDIT : Actually I see you already think that the dune is not a upnp renderer so it wont be much use to you.

EDIT2 : I use a squeezebox boom and squeezebox server along with the squeezebox supplied android remote to play music, still need to get around to installing the squeezebox server on unRaid :)

But where....?

But where....?

what do you mean?

• 1 month later...

Simon. I kno w the firmware supports that but not for music :-( its still the beginning of ipcontrol

I know that this is old, but I actually had a need for this today.  From one of the Linux boxes on my network I ran this command :

curl "http://192.168.0.151/cgi-bin/do?cmd=start_file_playback&media_url=smb://username:[email protected]/Temp/test.mp3"

Where 192.168.0.151 is my Dune player and 192.168.0.100 is my Unraid server.  The Dune player played the test.mp3 file....

One day I'll write a script that catalogs all the music on my Unraid server and wraps it into an HTML interface that so I can choose songs from any browser on the LAN.

Hey Guys,

Nice way to do this when you have an iOS device:

Buy an Apply TV! I use this and it really works great! (it's not a TV but a little media player, €99,-)

You can access your library on your phone (/iPad /iPod), browse it, select the desired tune and let it play.

The Apple TV then plays the tune right from your server, and NOT from your phone.

(So you don't have a problem when your WiFi goes bad or anything)

You CAN use your TV (then it shows you your album art), but you can also not use it.

Apple TV also works as an "second display" for your iOS device (at least iPhone 4S or iPad2!).

Grtngz!

(I also have a Dune, but for music, it's just not simple enough for use without TV)

Hey Guys,

Nice way to do this when you have an iOS device:

Buy an Apply TV! I use this and it really works great! (it's not a TV but a little media player, €99,-)

You can access your library on your phone (/iPad /iPod), browse it, select the desired tune and let it play.

The Apple TV then plays the tune right from your server, and NOT from your phone.

(So you don't have a problem when your WiFi goes bad or anything)

You CAN use your TV (then it shows you your album art), but you can also not use it.

Apple TV also works as an "second display" for your iOS device (at least iPhone 4S or iPad2!).

Grtngz!

(I also have a Dune, but for music, it's just not simple enough for use without TV)

Hey ScubaBart! I also have an AppleTC and I'm now trying to do as you describe. I'm a pure iTunes newbie so might need a bit more help here. Basically I have my Unraid server with a lot of music on it, my AppleTV and my iPhone, what do I do? How can I organize my music collection into a library I can then access from Apple TV / iPhone?

Sorry basic questrions but I'm sure a lot might benefitiate from the answers...