Should I move to 5.0 beta or wait?

I checked my logs after the monthly parity check today and noticed one drive is screaming like a banshee on errors, thus I will be replacing it tomorrow. This made me kick into a 'maintenance' time on the server and this question is plaguing me.

I'm currently on 4.7, but unsure if I should wait out for 4.71, or check out the 5.0 beta. Any benefit or just play it safe for now?

I checked my logs after the monthly parity check today and noticed one drive is screaming like a banshee on errors, thus I will be replacing it tomorrow. This made me kick into a 'maintenance' time on the server and this question is plaguing me.

I'm currently on 4.7, but unsure if I should wait out for 4.71, or check out the 5.0 beta. Any benefit or just play it safe for now?

Have you read the 5.0b10 announcement thread.  Might be a good place to start.  No one can tell you you whether it is worth upgrading but yourself. ;)

Stick with 4.7 until the later is more tested. When 4.71 comes out I doubt I'll switch right away.

Archived