Freshly installed unraid, set hard drive sleep, why is it not working?

Version: unraid 6.12.0-rc2

Description: Freshly installed, no plugins、docker and virtual machine , only set hard drive sleep to 15 minutes after installation.

Problem: Hard drives are not sleeping, and manually clicking SPIN DOWN DEVICE on the interface does not put the hard drives to sleep either.
What could be causing this issue?

Hardware:
EPYC 7551p
Supermicro H11SSL-i
Broadcom / LSI SAS3008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-3 (rev 02)
24 disks connected to the motherboard via LSI passthrough card

Hardware information is available in the screenshot, and logs have been uploaded.

网页捕获_5-4-2023_174634_192.168.50.153.jpg

网页捕获_5-4-2023_174343_192.168.50.153.jpg

网页捕获_5-4-2023_174313_192.168.50.153.jpg

tower-diagnostics-20230405-1744.zip

3 hours ago, JorgeB said:

There's a known issue with spin down and v6.12 after a new config, most users report that just going back to v6.11.5 makes it work again, and if yes you can then upgrade back to v6.12. just don't do another new config.

Well, the hardware hasn't changed, but I have switched to a new unraid USB drive (with many plugins, but without Docker or virtual machines enabled) and rolled back to version 6.11.5.
However, the hard drive sleep and manual SPIN DOWN DEVICE still aren't working. Are there any other possible reasons for this, and how can I troubleshoot the issue?
I am attaching the latest logs for your reference.

网页捕获_5-4-2023_221910_192.168.50.200.jpg

网页捕获_5-4-2023_221855_192.168.50.200.jpg

ljq-unraid-diagnostics-20230405-2211.zip

5 hours ago, LJQ said:

and manually clicking SPIN DOWN DEVICE on the interface does not put the hard drives to sleep either.

I missed this part before, the problem with v6.12 after a new config is that the disks spin down but spin back up before 1 minute, usually after just a few seconds, if the disks never spin down it's a different problem, also note that SAS disks don't spin down, they might if you install the SAS spin down plugin, click the green dot besides one or two of the SATA disks and post new diags.

What are the keywords for the SAS plugins you mentioned? 
In my array, I have 24 hard drives, some of which are SAS and some are SATA. I have just clicked on three 16TB SATA hard drives:
Disk 17 WUH721816ALE6L4_2PG5EGST - 16TB (sdb)
Disk 18 WUH721816ALE6L4_2CHWBNTJ - 16TB (sdg)
Disk 19 WUH721816ALE6L4_2BH7UM9N - 16TB (sdh)
I am attaching the latest logs for your reference.

ljq-unraid-diagnostics-20230406-1023.zip

Edited by LJQ
6 hours ago, JorgeB said:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/97351-plugin-spin-down-sas-drives/

You clicked the green circle next to each drive? Don't see any spin down attempts tin the log.

I am sure that I clicked on the green dot next to the hard drive, and I have recorded another video as evidence. I am also attaching the latest logs for your reference.Automatic sleep also did not work.

ljq-unraid-diagnostics-20230406-2157.zip

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

I've never seen this before, i.e., clicking doing nothing, try booting in safe mode to rule out any plugin issues and use a different browser, make sure no av/adblocker is blocking the webGUI.

However, I encountered this problem with a new unraid system as well. Even if the manual click did not work due to browser or system issues, automatic hard drive sleep should not have failed. 🤣
It seems that I am currently stuck in this predicament. I will try a new unraid 6.11.5 over the weekend and investigate any other potential issues, such as browser or operating system etc.😟
Could you please tell me the keywords that the diagnostic log prints when I click SPIN DOWN DEVICE? I will need to test this repeatedly and report any progress made.

On 4/7/2023 at 12:17 AM, JorgeB said:

您应该看到以下内容:

Apr  6 17:16:32 Tower15 emhttpd: spinning down /dev/sde

1.After powering on the computer, clicking on the icon to the right of the disk to manually put it to sleep will show the spin-down log, but it doesn't take effect;
2.When setting the disk sleep time to 15 minutes for the first time and saving, the log shows the system attempting to put all disks to sleep, but it doesn't take effect;
3.Once the disk settings have been modified, both manual and automatic sleep completely fail, and clicking on sleep no longer outputs any disk sleep logs.

4.When I click on hard drive sleep, the system only logs:
Apr 11 10:04:34 LJQ-UNRAID emhttpd: spinning down /dev/sdb
Apr 11 10:04:35 LJQ-UNRAID emhttpd: sdspin /dev/sdb down: 1
When I click on sleep and the system does not respond, there are no logs printed.
5.After installing the SAS Spin Down plugin, manual and automatic sleep for SAS drives (disk1-disk6) in the array returns to normal, while SATA drives still show no response and no logs.

Q: Still unsure why the SATA drives (disk6-23) in the array cannot sleep, and how to make them sleep.🤣ljq-unraid-syslog-20230411-0529.zip

Attached are some log entries.

网页捕获_11-4-2023_131939_192.168.50.200.jpg

On 4/6/2023 at 11:53 PM, LJQ said:

However, I encountered this problem with a new unraid system as well. Even if the manual click did not work due to browser or system issues, automatic hard drive sleep should not have failed. 🤣

If manual not work, you won't expect automatic will work.

Suggest use another USB to install a fresh OS ( or previous version ) and test again first.

Edited by Vr2Io